J.P., Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

Is Singer Island good for families with children?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

Why or why not?

Answers

4
J.P.

We always recommend that people visit an area to arrive at their own personal impression. Singer Island itself is a wonderful location, one that I grew up enjoying.

On the other hand, part of making a decision whether of not a location is right for you is seeing the entire picture...one that includes neighboring areas. Check the Rivera Beach crime report.

Best wishes,

J.P,

Singer Island has something for everyone. From great single family home neighborhoods to some of the tallest condominium buildings in the state with amazing direct ocean views. We were showing a penthouse unit in one building about a week ago and the owner was home and I asked her why they were moving. It turned out they have an 18 month old and decide a little grass was in order. Where were they moving? Into a single family home on the island.

You have to carefully evaluate schools and what kind of lifestyle you want your children to have. Sure wish my patents would have made me live at the beach!

Fins up..........

Tom Priester
Principal Broker

Paradise Sharks Real Estate
561.308.0175
tom@paradisesharks.com

http://www.paradisesharks.com
No. It is not a place where you would want your children. At night, the mall area is very questionable. I would not this the place my teenage children might hang out.
Because Singer Island is more of a resort and second home market, it is not typically a place where a home buyer would locate with a family with school age children. Children love the beaches, pools and activities but more in a resort manner then a primary residence. There are excellent private schoolos in the area like the Benjamin School, Jupiter Christian, etc. And parents have those choices as well as the area public schools.