Quality of Life in Pottstown>Question Details

Iaghayere, Home Buyer in Pottstown, PA

Is there any credence to claims of contaminated ground water in Pottstown as a result of landfill pollution?

Asked by Iaghayere, Pottstown, PA Sat Jul 18, 2009

Is it true that there are higher cancer incidence rates specifically in Pottstown? The PA Dept. of Health seems to refute this, but then why do local newspapers (Pottstown Mercury), ACE website and local bloggers allude to these health issues in regards to Pottstown specifically? Insight/more info to dispute or buttress these claims would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

1
Jennifer Daywalt’s answer
Good Morning,

It is always better to get this type of information from the sources. If you were my client and had these questions I would advise you to contact the PA Dept. of Health as you have, and then go to the Local Newspapers and those who have written the articals as well as the ACE Website and find a contact. Once you have all of the information you can make a more informed decision.

Jennifer Daywalt, Realtor
Re/Max Results Realty
Top Agent 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
610-999-7693 Direct
610-489-7355 Main Office
Sellinghomesjenn@aol.com