Quality of Life in Novato>Question Details

Len Napolita…, Home Buyer in Templeton, CA

Is there a difference in lifestyle among Novato's zip codes: 94949, 94945 and 94947?

Asked by Len Napolitano, Templeton, CA Mon May 12, 2008

I plan to move to Marin County from the Central Coast within the next year.

Answers

2
Hi Len:

I think the best way to describe Novato is by neighborhoods rather than zip codes. The neighborhodds are quite different in terms of the shops, surroundings, views, open spaces, water front, horse property, schools, type of houses, parks and recreactions, incorproated vs none, commute, etc. Each neighborhood is very distinct on what it offers.

Some of the neighborhood names are by schools, others by area, or by development, such as Pacheco Valley, Hamilton, Pointe Marin, Partridge Knolls (I, II), Country Club, Indian Valley, The Highlands, Novato Chase, Pleasant Valley, San Marin Valley, Olive Ridge, Green Point, Black Point, Stone Tree, Wildhorse Valley, Downtown, Old Town, etc. It will be a very long post to describe them all.

Please do give me a call so I can give you a run down on those areas and depending on what you are interested in, I can let you know which area might be the best fo you.

Sylvia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 13, 2008
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA
94949 includes Bel Marin Keys, the Country Club, Ignacio, Loma Verde, Hamilton, and Pacheco Valley...essentially Southern Novato. It's a better commute location if you're commuting to central or southern Marin or to San Francisco. 94947 is central Novato, and there is a varying variety of homes and price ranges. In general, most of the homes in this zipcode are within a short or reasonably short distance of the freeway. 94949 is northern,northeastern,and northwestern Novato with some areas being 10-15 minutes from the freeway.

All of the areas have homes of various ages, sizes and prices.