Gregory Mont…, Other/Just Looking in SACRAMENTO, Calfornia

Is there a certificate of occupancy for 686 Ford Rd , # B, Sacramento, CA, 95838 to be rentable?

Asked by Gregory Montoya, SACRAMENTO, Calfornia Tue Dec 9, 2008

owner of property is renting several properties absent written leases and pr5acticing unlawful and intimidiating activities.

Help the community by answering this question:


Dear Mr. Montoya: As a Realtor, I don't get involved in landlord/tenant matters, but maybe I can point you in the right direction. Perhaps there is a property manager who can answer your question more completely. Here is a link to the Sacramento County Small Claims Court where you could get some legal advice. GOOD LUCK.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 10, 2008
As far as I understand a certificate of occupancy is issued by the county for properties being built or significant remodels, at the completion of permitted work. I'm not sure what you are referring to in needing a certificate of occupancy to rent a home out.

You may want to check with the county if you feel a property is being unlawfully occupied, or with some illegal contract. As far as I understand the lease does not have to be written, but the tenant rights are very specific and you may want to actually go to the court house and speak to someone there if you have any issue with a landlord. There is free legal services, as far as I understand, right at the courthouse.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 9, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer