Maureen McCa…, Real Estate Pro in Columbus, OH

Is there a beach in Cape Coral?

Asked by Maureen McCabe, Columbus, OH Tue May 29, 2007

Answers

7
Yes! We have Cape Coral Yacht Club beach. It's on the Caloosahatchee River. It's a very nice beach with a park, shelters, pavillion, restaurant, olympic size pool, racquet ball, tennis courts & more! If you are looking for the ocean, you'll have to travel to Ft. Myers Beach, Sanibel or Captiva though.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2007
Yes, there is a small public beach in Southeast Cape Coral, located at the Yacht Club. It is a man-made beach on the Caloosahatche River. The park also maintains a playground, BBQ grills, bathrooms and a fishing pier. There are also free racquetball courts, tennis courts,shuffleboard courts, horseshoe pits, a swimming pool and public boat ramp. Stop in the community center to see what activities they have. If you get hungry there is a restaurant called KC's River stop. There is free parking and free boat parking along the seawall. If you need to fill up the boat with gas there is a fuel dock there as well.

There is also a newer small man-made beach overlooking the Bimini Basin, off of Cape Coral Pkwy between Coronado Pkwy and Santa Barbara Blvd. This is a sunbathing only beach, no boats allowed.
Calling all Beach Bums! Cape Coral, FL is the place for you!

This is the third installment of Top 12 Reasons to Retire in Cape Coral, Florida which can also be downloaded from our free eBook library.

Whether you’re traveling to the beaches of southwest Florida by car, or straight from your Cape Coral dock, you’ll be happy when you get there. Either way, it’s only a short journey to some of the most fabulous beaches that southwest Florida has to offer.

With white, sugar sand and the gentle Gulf waves, the southwest Florida beaches are perfect for beach bums of every age! No matter what type of activity you enjoy, you’ll find it at these beaches. Enjoy things like fishing, boating, parasailing, riding on jet skis or wave runners, building sand castles, or just relax and bask in the sun, while sipping on a cool beverage (tiny umbrella optional).

Residents of Cape Coral are lucky to be able to choose from dozens of local beaches, depending on their particular tastes. What are some of the great local beaches?

The Yacht Club is our local beach that has been described very well by the others. =) It includes a boat ramp, a huge pier for walking, fishing, or enjoying the weather, a kids playground, snack center, and beach.

Dog lovers should check out “Dog Beach” in Bonita Springs – where pups are free to run and play off their leashes. There’s free parking at Bunche Beach, near the Iona area. At Fort Myers Beach, you will find all kinds of bars, restaurants and nightlife to keep you entertained all day long. The quieter beaches of Sanibel and Captiva are well known for being among the best places in the world for shell collectors.

Most Florida retirees want to stay as active as possible, and there’s no better place to do that than at one of the beaches near Cape Coral! Walking in the sand is great for toning your legs and thighs. You can also play Frisbee or catch. Bending over to look for shells is also a great way to stay flexible. If you need a break from the heat, you can walk a short distance to a variety of beach shops, and get a good workout along the way!

For adventurous retirees, the beaches offer more intense sports like paddle-boarding and kite surfing. If you have a boat (or a friend with a boat), waterskiing can also be a fun sport to try.

But, even if you have no intention of leaving your chair and umbrella, the beach is still the perfect place to be. Enjoy quiet sunsets, the gentle lapping of waves on the shore, and birds gliding through the clear skies. If that sounds like a retirement plan that you’d sign up for, then consider making your home in Cape Coral.

Are are ready to buy your dream beachfront home? Well, this Southwest Florida Realtor is here to help find the perfect home for you! With over 14 years of experience, I am here to give you the real estate services you deserve. Whether you are a real estate buyer or seller in Southwest Florida, I will find the solution that fits your real estate needs. If you are ready to make a real estate transaction or if you have further questions contact me on line, call (239) 565-7867, or connect with me on Facebook. I’ll even send you a FREE Cape Coral Map if you’d like!

- A.J.
Web Reference: http://ackermanswfl.com
I am visiting Cape Coral area, I have been here for 2 weeks of my one month visit. I have visited
many of the water areas. Cape Coral beach is definetly worth a visit.Go in the morning and have lunch and walk around its very nice bring your fishing poles and bathing suits. They dont even charge you for parking or for the use of the facilities.(UNUSUAL FOR FLORIDA THEY CHARGE YOU FOR EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ELSE FLORIDA) plan a great dat there.
Hi Maureen, The first time I saw Cape Coral Beach I was surprised there was anything at all there. It's a man made beach of over 500 feet and its part of the Yatch Club Community Park and it faces the Caloosahatchee River, so its quite scenic.They also have a restaurants there, bbq,tennis courts picnic areas and a couple of boat ramps. The whole area seemed kinda fun and the sand was clean. Its located on Driftwood Parkway, alocation which is regarded on a prime location. I enjoyed it.
Here are a coupIe pictures of the beach I took a while back.: http://localism.com/show_photo/14239

LLoyd Nichols
RENS
http://mlsouthwestfloridahomes.com
it's not really a beach. it's a bunch of sand that was trucked in to create a beach for the snowbirds in the winter. if you're looking for a beach, go to fort myers beach or sanibel. this one's man-made, right next to a fishing pier, and not the cleanest water since runoff from all the canals come out at this spot.
Yes, there is a small beach that is open to the public, at the Yacht Club. It is really fun to be there on the first Wednesday of each month for the Sunset Celebration. Ther is music on the beach, and fun things to do. We are about 30 minutes from the Fort Myers Beach and then there is always Sanibel Island.