Quality of Life in Weston>Question Details

Anita, Home Buyer in Doral, FL

Is preferable to buy a house in Weston, Pembroke Pine or Miami? Work loc is Medley, FL. Prefer an Asian Indian community area, aged parent. HELP pleas

Asked by Anita, Doral, FL Sat Jan 19, 2013

Sarita Bergstein’s answer
Hi Anita:

If is in Medley you could easily move to Pembroke Pines or Weston because you could take State Road 7 which normaly has not to much trafic to to work or home.
It depends on what you are looking for.
I will be please to help you.
Call me at 754-234-4066.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hi Anita, I live in Weston now and used to live in Miami before. For a family Weston is the best place to be, safe and quiet, no nighlife or busy tourism, great schools and many indians living here working at the software companies here. Miami is great if you are looking for a busier social life, and more things to do at night. The cultural diversity that you find in Miami is very unique, but Weston has many residents from Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 19, 2013
Hi Anita,

You will not find a bigger fan than Weston than I. As such, I always recommend Weston.

But I have found this has given other communities an unfair, indirect label as if they are "not as good".

You mentioned Pembroke Pines. Pembroke Pines for example in an internationally based magazine (the name escapes me at the moment) was ranked one of the best communities to raise a family anywhere in the world!

But why not Weston?

The point of view was that Pembroke Pines gives you all that Weston does (their schools are excellent as well), but is much more affordable.

And I could find supporting data for many other communities as well.

For example, Weston's schools are all rated A- and above, all of them, but none appeared on America's top 1000. But many schools in Coral Gables (within Miami Greater Area) were!

In other words, I still will recommend Weston, but if your personal, subjective opinion tells you that Weston isn''t for you (I know a lot of people who live in Coral Gables that don't like Weston's 'too perfect' look and feel for example), you are in luck because South Florida in general is a wonderful, beautiful place to raise a family.

Aside from some exceptions, as exist in all cities, South Florida is all about varying degrees of good-amazing, and very, very few below that.

My advice is browse around, be objective and then subjective.

As a Weston Resident and a professional Realtor, I can tell you that Weston is the best city to raise a family in South Florida, the best school district on the area, all schools are rated A+ . In addition to has a low crime rate, and a amazing park and recreation system. If you like luxury and safety for raising a family you will find it here. Yes it is true that the inventory in Weston is limited because is such a desirable place to live, in that case you should be looking on Pembroke Pines West that has a good school district too. I disagree with the advice of Miramar, unfortunately Miramar has a higher crime rate and bad school district, what I will never recommend to any of my clients specially with a family. On the other hand because your work location will be on Medley FL, I strongly recommend to check on Doral, is a really good option too.
In any of the cities that I just told you about buying will be a good investment.
Contact me for more info and for helping you on the search of he perfect house.

Lina Jacobson P.A.
Realtor ®
Team Leader
Direct: 1-954-6157324
Office : 1-954-689-2207
Fax: 1-954-453-1668

Weston Office
2500 Weston Rd Ste
Weston, FL 33331
Sunny Isles Office
17600 Collins Ave.
Sunny Isles Beach , FL 33160
Doral Office
10726 NW 58th St.
Doral , FL 33178

1. There is a very low inventory of houses in Weston right now and the few out there for sale are way overpriced, so your best options are going to be Pembroke Pines or Miramar. If you're in Doral, stay there before moving to Miami (the traffic won't get any better from Doral to Miami and you're closer to Medley from Doral)

2. If you contact an agent and he or she accepts to work with you, tell that agent that he or she is in violation of the Florida law thanks to your remarks about Asian Indian community.

My office is located in Weston, and specialize in that area as well as Pembroke Pines and the surrounding areas. West Broward County is very diverse in cultures.

I would be glad to discuss the Real Estate market in Weston and the surrounding areas with you. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Prudential Florida Realty
Hi Anita,
Please contact us so we may gp over your needs and assist you

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com

All Star Realty Inc.
Hi Anita,

Per your question on Trulia > Is preferable to buy a house in Weston, Pembroke Pine or Miami? Work loc is Medley, FL. Prefer an Asian Indian community area, aged parent. HELP pleas

As a Relocation Specialist, your inquiry is my specialty!

Contact me 'Lynne Knapp' (954) 647-5335 Cellular, or email me the best number and time to call you to chat!

Lynne Knapp, Realtor
ReMax Consultants Realty 1
Ft Lauderdale FL
Web Reference: http://LynneKnapp.ReMax.com

I have a great agent who works in the Weston area. I would love to help you connect with her. She can guide you through the process and I'm certain she can meet your housing requirements. She knows the area very well and has experience finding the right fit.

Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message or email me directly at THoyt@prutropical.com

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty