Quality of Life in Newton>Question Details

Marylou, Both Buyer and Seller in Hoover, AL

Is Newton, North Carolina a great place to buy a home? I would be working in nearby Hickory...

Asked by Marylou, Hoover, AL Thu Jun 12, 2008

Answers

9
Marylou,

I moved to the area three years ago, and I absolutely love it. My wife and boys love how much this area has to offer.

I have had a lot of people express interest in moving to the area for the great jobs. I would be happy help you find a home in Newton. I can show you any home that is for sale in Newton. Just give me a call at 828-234-0479.

You can also check out my website http://www.mikekellyjr.com/ to learn everything you need to know about the Newton Area. Many people use my website for local information in addition to finding a home.

Let me know if you would like anymore information.

Good Luck,
Mike
REALTOR/Broker, GRI
CENTURY 21 American Homes
Web Reference: http://www.MikeKellyJr.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 20, 2008
I grew up in North NJ and lived in Baltimore for 4 years before moving to Newton 6 years ago and I could not imagine living anywhere else and raising a family. The sense of community and security are things I never imagined and if you've got the chance to make it to the Annual Soldiers Reunion Parade its the best little slice of Small Town Americana you're ever going to experience. I hope you like it as much as I do. I see you're in Hoover, AL now and a lot of my staff are from in and around that area, Hoover, Huntsville, Cullman and such and they love coming up to visit.

Best wishes,

Rachel
I am not sure what price range you are looking for but a friend of mine is getting ready to list her Property in Newton for $290 it is a home built in 2007 on 14 acres of land. If you are interested call me, 828-238-5652
It is the Startown school district!
MaryLou,
If interested I have a friend who is selling her house in Newton, NC. Her husband has accepted a job in Lake City, Florida! It is not yet on the market so I believe because of the time frame we would be able to obtain this home at a great price Call me for more info 828-238-5652
Newton is Great! I lived right downtown Newton and loved it, I could walk or ride my Bike to the Bank, Post Office, Movie theater, Restuarents, Church, etc... Newton has a great home town feel! It has a huge park for the kids with lots of fun events that go on all through out the year! In August Newton host a Soldiers Reunion week with all sorts of fun events and on Thursday they have a huge parade, almost all the businesses close down early just for the parade! I would love to assist you in your search for a home Newton or anywhere else around Hickory you would like to look(If you are not already working with an agent) Contact me!
Absolutely! My husband and I both live there. It's only 15 minutes from Hickory. Call us at (828) 291-5311 - we are the "Keisler Real Estate Team" and we would be happy to help you find a home in Newton!

We have page on our website specifically for Newton, NC Real Estate:
http://www.keislerrealestate.com/332700.html
Marylou If you enjoy the quiet laid back friendly towns of the south, with older homes, you will love Newton. If I can help you in any way please call 828 413 7948. I lived there for 26 years. Rose
Marylou,

Newton has downtown areas with affordable older homes. Aside from that, most of its neighborhoods are similar in price to others in the Hickory area. I would describe the Hickory area real estate market as stable. Lifestyle wise you can choose from urban to rural, to small town charming......so there's probably something it offers that will be great for you! Contact me and I will help you find it!
Marylou,
Newton is a nice little community outside of Hickory. There is also Conover right down the road. I have lived in both and just moved to Greensboro a few years ago from Conover. I guess part of the equation is what are you looking for? There are alot of nice little older established communities. I use to love to go running in Southside Park. It is right behind the old National Guard Armory in Newton and they have a great 4th of July there.