Quality of Life in 07860>Question Details

Maresolespia…, Home Buyer in Fredon Township, NJ

Is Fredon Township, NJ a good place to raise a family? I'm coming in from a very urban area - Jersey City - and I have to say I'd miss it...

Asked by Maresolespiaggia, Fredon Township, NJ Sat May 7, 2011

everything at my fingertips, not to mention a 10 minute commute to NYC and Hoboken whenever I want to change scenery...yet it doesn't feel the way it used to, that is, now having to raise my own child - it's just not safe anymore, the schools are horrible and the list can go on and on...

Answers

6
Hi Maresolespiaggia,
My name is Robert Gaffney from Mountain Resort Properties, Inc. I know exactly what you mean. I to have lived in Jersey City many years ago, as well as West New York, Guttenberg, Union City and North Bergen, but for the last five years I've been living in Sussex County. It is obviously a different experience for someone that has lived in these types of areas, but the payoff is, better school systems, better living environment and much safer that living in a busy urban area. Although, Fredon is a suburban area, it is close to Newton, not far from route 80 and most of the ammenities that are in a busy area like Jersey City, but not as congested and much friendlier people.
Of course, you won't have the ease in commuting like you have in Journal Square where you can get on a bus practically any time of the day or night, but you'll be able to enjoy your surroundings while knowing you're providing a better living environment for your child. That's why I moved out here.

If you'd like some help in finding a home in Fredon just give me a call or e-mail me.
Thanks and good luck.

Mountain Resort Properties, Inc
Robert Gaffney - Sales Associate
3 Wild Turkey Way
Hardyston, NJ 07419
Cell - (570) 228 9126
E-mail: rgaffney@crystalspringsbuilders.com
Url: http://www.robertjgaffney.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 8, 2011
I move here 7 years ago from Rutherford. I am now a real estate agent in Sussex County. I understand completely your dilemmia. Why don't we get together, if you don't already have an agent, and check out the different towns and activities in Sussex County. We have made the adjustment to country life. My 3 children (15,12,7 then) adjusted very quickly and now hate to go "down below" to visit.
Web Reference: http://ww.searchhomesnj.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 9, 2011
Hi Maresolespiaggia,
Maybe you have already made your decision but I just came across your question and must add my comments! For background, I live in Stillwater which is a neighboring town to Fredon. I love this area and all that it has to offer. There is plenty to do and many places to explore with the family. Like you said, you will miss having anything and everything at your fingertips but I think you will adjust. I did live in a very urban area in Colorado and still miss the conveniences everyday but I love the beauty and open space here in Sussex county. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Happy house hunting :)
Christine Herrmann
Why not contact the city receive a copy of their welcome package for new residences

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
First of all, if you're used to an urban area, you'll have an adjustment to make coming to Fredon. It is one of the most beautiful areas of New Jersey, with farms, lakes, rolling hills. Fredon is not far from major commuting routes, however. The lifestyle is quiet, peaceful, and people are warm and welcoming. You can easily go onto the website http://www.NorthwestNJRealEstate.com to search for homes in the area.
A good place to live should be defined by personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc., does the area suit your needs....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2011