Shannon Pitt…, Real Estate Pro in Grand Junction, CO

Iis there a city in the Tampa Bay area that feels like a nice, quiet, laid back community?

Asked by Shannon Pitton, Grand Junction, CO Wed May 23, 2012

Iis there a city in the Tampa Bay area that feels like a nice, quiet, laid back community? Easy to drive for a new driver with community-oriented events, etc? Looking for a place to call home that doesn't feel like a highway stop off. Looking near sun city center, Apollo beach areas possibly.

Answers

6
Yes, there is, but all that is subjective. It all depends of your needs and wants. Some people with kids want to have certain things near them, some others without kids rather to have other things.
Some people are willing to give up a big piece of land in order to be near the beach.

South Tampa is a nice quite laid back community.
Lutz, in north Tampa is very nice and quiet. It all depends!
What you have in mind?

Outdoors? Social Gatherings? Dinning? Watersports? Golf?
You name it we got it!
Thank you, Gerardo, for this and your previous answer. Very helpful! We have a unique situation in moving to Florida and we may be shooting for the moon, but here's what we are seeking:

- Both my husband and I, along with my parents and sister, are attempting to coordinate this move together. We'll be visiting the Tampa area the week of August 6 to try and get a better idea in person so we are really digging into our research now.
- My parents lived in Sun City Center last summer and loved it. They would like to live there or a similar active-adult community.
- My husband and I would like to live within about 20 minutes driving distance of my parents, while also living within an hour drive to Tampa International Airport as I travel a lot for work.
- We have a new driver in the family so we are hoping to find a place where you don't have to always take the interstate/highway to get to shopping, activities, etc - has it's own community feel.

Any way to put all this together? Thank you!
Flag Tue Jun 26, 2012
Apollo Beach is an awesome laid back community.
Also forgot to mention Lutz. Lutz isn't too far away from all of the best Tampa has to offer and definitely is a fun loving, casual "small town atmosphere" take a look http://lutzcivicassociation.org/
Or try Dunedin or Safety Harbor or Oldsmar or the Ozona (area of Palm Harbor where residents ride around in golf carts, very near best beach in Tampa Bay, Honeymoon Island State Park - a Jimmy Buffet lifestyle) or if you want a slightly less laid back and a little more yuppy, try Westchase 33626 zip or if you don't mind living all the way out in Timbuktu and also paying high HOA+CDD fees then Fishhawk or New Tampa or Pasco County may work for you.

Your Realtor can give you a Listingbook account to search like a Realtor or if you're not yet working with a Realtor, you're welcome to sign up for a free Listingbook account on my website:

http://www.SoldOnTampa.com

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Hello there! Tampa Bay has so much to offer. Keep in mind that even inside of a city there little clusters with their own community flavor. South Tampa is a very nice area, if you plan to walk your dog on bayshore and try all the nice restaurants in the area. Hyde Park Village is a nice shopping area with a nice park.

There are other communities away from the city Fishhawk is a nice community with miles of natural trails, a water park, and beautiful homes. You have that laid back feeling with several events during the year that keep the community together.

Sun City Center has a golf course, and is an adult community. Apollo Beach might give you access to the gulf if you have a boat, but I don't see to much community activity as you can find in other areas of tampa bay.

Saint Pete and Clearwater, can offer you access to the beaches, also very nice areas there, and more activities since they are bigger areas.

It all depends what you are looking for, I hope this helps.
I'll be happy to help if you need assistance.
Regards

Gerardo Luna
813-410-1712
The Apollo Beach area is perfect for what you are describing. Most places in Apollo Beach can be driven to without getting on US 41, so it's great for a new driver to practice, yet we are still close enough to I75 and 301 for a little more practice in higher speed driving and getting to places like Brandon.