Quality of Life in Fresno>Question Details

Pricilla, Other/Just Looking in Fresno, CA

If the house i lease and the owner dies can the exector of the estate evict me?

Asked by Pricilla, Fresno, CA Fri Oct 19, 2007

If your lease is still in effect they must obide by the terms of the lease. If you are on a month to month then they can give you a 60 notice to vacate.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in ,
Unless the agents below are attorney's, I suggest you call one.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2007
They could, but it may not necessarily be in their best interest. I would be proactive and contact the new owners. Ask them what their plans are. If they plan to sell the home, the new owner will still have to honor your lease if you have one. Otherwise, as Pam stated, you will have at least 60 days ionce you are notified to move.
Web Reference: http://www.cindihagley.com
The Hagley G…, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA
In California, landlord tenant law prevents the tenant from being evicted when ownership changes. However, if you are on a month-to-month lease, or your lease has expired, they may give you a 60 day notice. Do you have a property manager involved?
That answer is maybe. You have to check with a local lawyer because like all other state enforced policies, you may have a yes or no depending on the situation, who owns the place now, etc... In any case, be ready to move.