Quality of Life in Mission>Question Details

Eric Wu, Home Buyer in Russian Hill, San Fr...

If considering buying/renting near 16th and Mission, how noisy is it at night, weekends vs. weekdays?

Asked by Eric Wu, Russian Hill, San Francisco, CA Tue Aug 16, 2011

Are there any noise concerns with living near 16th and Mission? What are the main causes of the noise or the type of noise?

Answers

5
16th and Mission is a superb location if you crave a hipster urban village environment. If you are looking for quiet, this is not the place you want to be. Weekends will be louder with many people flocking to all the local eateries on 16th, weekdays will be quieter at night but louder and more congested during morning and afternoon commute times because of BART. If you want this village environment and quiet as well, I suggest looking further West above Guerrero in the Mission Dolores area or further East towards the Inner Mission. Duboce Triangle also has a similar feel with less merchants and less public trans. If you want this feel but more quiet and more upscale I would suggest going to Noe.

Jamie Comer 415 420 2510 jcomer@mcguire.com
Hi Eric-

A BART station is located at 16th and Mission. It's a highly trafficed area with cars, buses and pedestrians. My suggestion would be to first hang out there with your friends for dinner/drinks, etc (Valencia Street would be more of the area for that but it's very close). Because of the numbers fo restaurants/bars, etc it stays pretty active pretty late.

Is there a particular building you had to mind to buy into? The Citrino is around the corner on S Van Ness. As I suggested, you may want to do some of your socializing in the area to get a feel for it. Then you may want to rent for a while unless you totally like the vibe there. It's certainly a very convenient location if you need public transit.

Happy to help so don't hesitate to call or email if you have any other questions.

Rich Bennett
415.305.4911 cell

Zephyr Real Esatet
2500 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94114
DRE#01358540
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 16, 2011
too noisy eric!!!!! good food all over the place though.
Web Reference: http://www.paulhwang.com
Dear Eric,

I sold the top floor unit at a complex right there and she loves it. You need to beware that the underground muni can cause the building to shake a little. The area is vibrant and exciting with new restaurants and a diversity of people. It can be noisy and at times people use a corner of the next bloock as a soapbox for their viewpoints. Also boom boxes and loud music from cars. Plus the complex making porno films is one block the other way. I would also check out crime by going to http://www.sfgov.org and looking at the crime stats.

I would also drive around there on week nights and on weekends so you can get a feel for the area and its plusses and minuses. Only you can decide if you would like to live there.

Cheers,
Sally
Hi Eric,

I live in The Mission on 19th and Bryant. The Mission is a vibrant area with lots of diversity. Be very careful on which block you choose as the neighborhood can change very dramatically. There is a great unit coming available in my building that is very quiet. If you are interested in touring in The Mission Please let me know.

Matthew Woebcke | Realtor
PACIFIC UNION INTERNATIONAL - CHRISTIE'S GREAT ESTATES
699 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
d.415.553.0206 | o. 415.437.9797 | MattWoebcke@gmail.com | DRE#01831584

A Member Of Real Living