Quality of Life in Viera>Question Details

Redter72, Other/Just Looking in 32258

I will retire from the Navy in about 18 months we are stationed in New Orleans LA right now, is this a good area for a military family to retire?

Asked by Redter72, 32258 Mon Dec 21, 2009

Answers

3
Brevard County is a great place to retire for a military family. Not only is there Patrick Air Force Base and navy personnel for the subs in the port, but there are already many retired military families in the area to make your family feel welcome. There are plenty of family activities and a strong sense of community throughout Brevard County that make it a highly desirable place to live.

There are high rated schools and competitive education programs for children of all different ages if there are children or grandchildren that need to be considered. In Viera, there is a VA hospital which is well-staffed. I know people that use the facility and they are very happy with the care there.

There are plenty of social activities including spring training for the Washington Nationals at Space Coast Stadium, the Brevard Symphony, national touring performances that visit the King Center, aerial shows at Patrick Air Force base and of course the proximity to Daytona Beach and Orlando for all of the tourist activities and theme parks. There are also social organizations, political groups and diverse population of religious organizations if those are of interest to you.

Brevard is also home to a lot of recreational actiivties due to the number of beaches, golf courses and public parks. Cocoa Village, the Eau Gallie Arts District and downtown Melbourne offer plenty of art festivals and family activities all year round. Cocoa Village hosts Mardi Gras and Oktoberfest each year. Downtown Melbourne has a street party one Friday of each month and the Eau Gallie Arts District has a jazz night the first week of each month where the galleries and art studios have open houses.

If you would like more details on these different things you can visit my personal website at http://www.jasonkoivu.com and if you visit the local links tab you can find website links to local news, shopping, schools, parks and recreation, etc.

I think you will find that Brevard County is a great place to be. We hope to see you here soon!
Web Reference: http://www.jasonkoivu.com
Before buying I would look at the flooded (not flood) map. Where all the flooded houses were. If you buy on high ground it might make you a lot less likely to be flooded in the future. You might also find insurance to be an issue in that city.
Dear Redter72, Brevard County is a wonderful place for Military Retiree's. You would be very welcomed here of course. Also if possible, you could land a job at Patrick Air force Base, Port Canaveral or even the Space Center if you wanted.

Here is my Information to e-mail me and to keep in touch to show you what is available when you are ready or sooner. Contact me at anytime. Please keep in touch.

Peter Dolci Realtor
Off Extension 321-576-9376
Cell 321-480-2544
Office 321- 308-7700
Off Fax 321-394-5678
E-mail peter.dolci@erashowcase.com