Mrs. Moody, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

I want to relocate ot Philly, I have a 9yr old son and a 15 year old daughter. My husband works for Navy Base there, we want to live close by. We are

Asked by Mrs. Moody, Philadelphia, PA Thu Jan 28, 2010

looking for 3 bedroom, can you help

Answers

12
ValueGuard Home Inspections’ answer
Hi Mrs. Moody,

I wish you the best of luck in your relocation to Philly. Once you have found your home and ready to hire a home inspector, we hope that you keep ValueGuard Home Inspections in mind. Over the past 12 years we have inspected more than 40,000 home inspections in the greater Philadelphia area.

If you mention this we will gladly take $25 off your home inspection or $50 off your home inspection if a radon test is included with the inspection.

Please check us out online or give us a call at 215-860-3150

Best of luck in your search!

Best of luck in your search
Dear Mrs. Moody,
I would recommend the Mayfair section of Philadelphia for your move. It is close to all major express ways, convenient to shopping, schools and public transportation. The homes range from 120k up to 160k for a quality 3 bedroom. I specialize in the area and would be happy with your home search.
-Robert A. Martini
REALTOR, ePRO
Keller Williams Real Estate
215.605.5497
Rob@PaDreamHouses.com
Most buyers start their search on the internet. You should first determine the price range of homes that you would like to look at. Talk to a lender and see how much you qualify for.Then search for homes in the price range . Get information about schools . A good agent can show you homes in the area and help negotiate the price. Philadelphia has good public transportation system. In Pa the listing agent represents the seller. If the agent also represents you the agent will be a dual agent. Read the consumer notice and agency laws before signing up witha buyer's agent. Please note the term of contract is also negotiable. If you are in doubt consult an attorney , before signing it.You can look up listings on my web site http://www.gitabantwal.com and do a search within a radius.
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
Hi Mrs. Moody. Many people commute to Philadelphia from southern NJ. The southern NJ area is very close to Philadelphia and has easy access from several major roadways. Southern NJ offers many different types of homes and has award winning school systems. Contact me to learn more....would be glad to help.

~ Robert Greenblatt
Keller Williams
Cherry Hill, NJ
Hello Mrs. Moody,

My name is Keary Willis. As a naval reservist, I know that a move is a tough thing to do, especially when children are involved because you want to make certain that they are in a good neighborhood and you want to ensure that they will be enrolled in good schools as well.

I would enjoy assisting you and your husband with relocating to the City of Brotherly Love. Please feel free to give me a call at anytime at 215-235-3737 ext 165.

By the way, what base is your husband stationed at? I know that they are closing Willow Grove in a couple of years. They are actually phasing everyone from there and moving them to Fort Dix in New Jersey. This is where I am stationed out of. One of the reasons that I ask this is because I am only licensed in Philadelphia, however, if you were looking in new Jersey, there is someone in my office that has a real estate license in that state.

Happy house hunting, and if I could be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to call me.

Keary Willis
Home Real Estate
(215) 235-3737 x 165
Hi Mrs.Moody,

My husband has worked at the Navel base for many years. If you would like help finding a home in the area please don't hesitate to contact me at 267-481-4706.

Ceil LaFerrara
Weichert Realtors
Hi Mrs. Moody,

There are lots of wonderful neighborhoods around the navy base, and I would be happy to email you some sample listings of those areas. Please call or email me at your convenience so I can find out a bit more about you and what you're looking for and also your price range. Philadelphia is a great place to live and I would be happy to talk with you about what it has to offer.

Lorri Paster
Weichert Realtors
267-240-5767
lpaster@weichert.com
Where are you relocating from? I would love to help but I would really like to get a better understanding of your current situation before we move forward.

If you are unfamilair with the Real Estate Market in Philly or would like some community info you can check out the website below, it has some great resources as well.

I look forward to hearing from you :)
Ms Moody,

People from out of the Philly area are asking that very same question every day. Making a move to a place you have never lived before poses many challenges but it could be the best move you've ever made for you and your family.

Our suggestion is to find the best neighborhood based on your price point. If you have a preapproval or an idea of what amount of money you want to spend on your new home, that will likely open up some neighborhoods and close others.

Once you narrow down what neighborhoods you can afford, you can narrow that list to the one that meets you most important needs. My guess would be your family is you biggest concern and finding a good public or private school for your children is up their close to #1 on your list.

There are a lot of great neighborhoods in and around the Naval Base but there will be one that you will know is perfect for you. If you can provide a dollar amount that you would like to spend and add that to your question here on Trulia, you will be able to collect the names of a few good neighborhoods and do a little more research on them.

Oh and find a Realtor that knows the are you are looking. I am certain the world wide web can lead you to the answers and people who can assist you.
Mrs. Moody

I am not an agent in PA but we have a very strong referral network. If you have difficulty finding an agent that meets your needs please contact us and we will be happy to find you and agent that is able to work with you and understand your needs.

Good luck and please let us know if we can help.

Carol
Carol Moson, CRS, ABR, e-Pro, SRS, SFR, EAH, GREEN, REALTOR®
"The Moson Group"
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
http://www.TalkToCarol.com
http://www.buyer-blog.com
http://www.myseller-blog.com
678-414-0760
770-973-9700 ext 289
I actually live not to far from the Navy Yard myself and there are some great neighborhoods within an easy subway ride (or even bike ride) from there. There are also some great incentives for buying a home right now and it's still a buyer's market in Philadelphia so your timing is great. I'd be happy to talk more with you about different neighborhoods and home-buying options, but off the top of my head I would recommend searching homes in the Girard Estates neighborhood (very southern end of the 19145 zip code) to see if they appeal to you. I would also recommend getting a mortgage pre-approval ASAP and I can recommend a few excellent lenders for that. I look forward to hearing from you.

James

James Yoakum - Realtor
Brown McKinney Real Estate
1631 W. Cabot St., Ste. 100
Philadelphia, PA 19121
office: 215-825-2250 x.1002
cell: 267-496-7739
fax: 610-910-3046
jyoakum@brownmckinney.com
Hello Mrs. Moody,

I'd love to assist you and your family.

From your question, I now know a little about your family and how many bedrooms you would like but I would need a bit more information from you in order to assist you better.

I would need to know if this would be your first home. Also, do you know your credit scores, do you have money saved for a down payment as well as closing costs? Do you know what closing costs are? How long have you and your husband been at your jobs?

After you provide the answers to those questions, and I wouldn't suggest that you divulge that private information here, I could then go over the types of homes there are in the Philadelphia area and put together your buyer profile. I would do this at my buyer counseling session that I provide for all buyers.

I would also go over buyer agency in detail to you and your husband. If you are not familiar with buyer agency, you are not alone. Many buyers are not familiar with it but what it means is that you hire a Realtor who will work for you and protect only your best interests. A buyer agent also negotiates the lowest possible price for the home, they possibly can.

If you are interested in speaking with me, feel free to contact me at (215) 669-0589 or you can email me at reneeporsia@mac.com

I would love to speak with you further about your situation and goals.

You can also get a lot of information right from my website such as view properties, read my blog and watch videos about buyer agency along with many other subjects that you may find helpful. http://www.reneeporsia.com

Renee Porsia
Associate Broker
RE/MAX ACTION
(215) 669-0589 Direct
(215) 358-1100 Office Ask For Renee
http://www.reneeporsia.com