Quality of Life in 33322>Question Details

Lynda, Home Buyer in 33322

I particularly like the areas in Plantation/Sunrise within the waterways. My question is because of the humidity are there a huge number of bugs

Asked by Lynda, 33322 Wed Feb 2, 2011

Answers

8
we are in South Florida, were swamps were everywhere; we are in the Tropics... yes we do have bugs, as well as professional pest control companies...We DO NOT have NY' rats issues...:)
Call the local Pest Exterminator for a more accurate answer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
South Florida does have it share of bugs. The bug that bits is the mosquito and that seems to come out for about a month or two in the summer. The creature that ends up inside is usually a lizard. I live on a lake and that provides room between the homes usually making less of a bug problem.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Only outside :) Find a home with a screened in porch.
At the moment it is great weather in Florida.
Lynda- Unfortunately, there are bugs everywhere is S Fla. That being said- I live on the water in Davie and know that Bugs in S Fla love the water. Although that is somewhat obvious, we have a lawn Company that comes out once a month to spray the yard for bugs. Seems to work because I never see them in or around our home. Also, once a year pest control inside and using common sense; i.e. keep garbage cans closed, do dishes, do not leave food out- can also be helpful in keeping the bugs away.
I certainly hope this helps put your mind at ease--
Best of Luck in your new home search!!!!
John Kemper Broker/Owner EPro Realty
7491 NW 4th Street
Plantation, Florida 33324
954-558-4488 Direct Anytime
954-306-2829 Office
http://www.JohnKemperSells.com
http://www.MyEProRealty.com
http://www.EproRealty.co
Humidity is high all over SE Florida. If the water way is still then that's is a problem. ie misquitos. As to general care of your home I have a pest contol service spray all my property and shrubs once a month and have no issues. If you have a pool or patio then enclosing it, will allow you to enjoy with out misquitos. The more west you go towards the everglades the more you get.
I would say there are some bugs in all areas in Florida
Dear Lynda,

To answer your question, stand outside one of the homes or areas you like near the waterand see if you notice any bugs.
The best person to answer the question is you and what you consider to be a hugh number. Otherwise, look for a home that has a screened porch.

Susan Penn, PA, SFR
EWM Realtor
2000 Main Street
Weston, Florida 33326
954-557-5993