Quality of Life in Stamford>Question Details

Elizabeth, Home Buyer in Stamford, NY

I'm looking to move North and have noticed that the Catskills, or the Stamford area may be rigt up my alley. Have lived in the South far too

Asked by Elizabeth, Stamford, NY Sat Jul 24, 2010

long Hot & humid) and ready for 4 seasons again. I am a professor and an artist and wondering about both my passions in this area. I prefer small villages or towns but also like the option of being near a major airport and culture. Your thoughts would be greatly apprciated. I am looking to move within the next 2-3 months.

Dave DeVos’ answer
Elizabeth, Give us a look on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee. 4 seasons - long springs and falls, mild summers and winters. Easy access to Knoxville, Nashville, and Chattanooga. Art colony, nationally known Cumberland County Playhouse, new state of the art public library, low taxes, low cost of living, very good real estate prices. Crossville, the county seat, has only 10,000 friendly folks, and a community college. E-mail me Dave@DavidDeVos. com and I'll send a bunch of websites. Come looksee poke-around.