Matty, Home Buyer in Ocean Grove, NJ

I'm considering buying in Ocean Grove for year round living but I am concerned about finding parking during the summer. What do the locals do?

Asked by Matty, Ocean Grove, NJ Thu Apr 29, 2010

Answers

5
Hello, I live on the south side of Ocean Grove and we hardly ever have problems parking here. On the north side it's harder to park in the summer-sometimes people leave their cars on one space and walk around the rest of the weekend (such as 4th of July weekend). With so much going on in Asbury Park now, it's easy to shop, go to restaurants, and many other fun activities, both there and in Ocean Grove and Bradley Beach. Even during the blizzard in 2010 when we were snowed in we could walk to stores. There are also some houses in town with garages or driveways. Good luck in your search.
Hi Matty,

I have lived here for 18 years. The only tough days are saturday and part of Sunday for mainly just July and August. We usually do our shopping Friday mornings and then the rest of the weekend walk or bike to where we need to go. You can easily dine in Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach or Asbury which has some of the finest restaurants. Also in OG there is the Pathway market for some groceries and across 71 is the Krausers for some quick items. It is a small inconvience to live in such a quaint and special town. It is just alittle inconvience for alot of benefits! Denise Pula Jack Green Realty
I have lived in Ocean Grove for years in many different locations. To be honest for the majority of the time there is no parking problems. When major advents happen flea markets or the Beach boys at the Great Auditorium I move my car sparingly or plan to come back after the advent. This only happens in the summer and only about 8 times or so. The Grove was planned as a walking town with beautiful victorian architecture great beaches and many cultural advents. I love living in Ocean Grove!
No two ways about it - it's going to be difficult! The town is extremely popular, the beaches are beautiful, it's small, and there are no public parking lots. It's all "on-street". For what it's worth, it does become a little easier the farther west you live or rent. A lot of people park in Asbury Park and walk over the bridge. Whatever option you choose - have a wonderful time. Ocean Grove is a great place
Well Matty your question is one I hear on a regular basis from people who are not familiar with Ocean Grove...however I can tell you if you live here during the Summer and reside on Main Ave. parking will be extremely difficult because of the slotted spots that day timers try to take. Living on the North Side or the South side does not present a problem. Ocean Grove is a quite town...therefore after 7:00pm things quite down day timers leave. Most people that live in The Grove leave their cars in front of their homes and either walk or ride bikes around town....thats what makes it such a great place to live.