Quality of Life in 15122>Question Details

man.scrap@ya…, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

I love the house in West Mifflan but not sure about area and resale. I now live in Monroeville

Asked by man.scrap@yahoo.com, Pittsburgh, PA Sun Oct 16, 2011

Answers

7
I have lived in west mifflin for over 30 yrs.its close to everything,safe,my child went to school in w.m.,and excelled.We are presently selling our home to be near the grandkids and it will be hard to leave the area.check out the property at 443 victoria st
I have sold Homes in West Mifflin for over 20 years. It all depends what you are looking for in a Community.
What kind of questions do you have about West Mifflin?
West Mifflin is a Large Community it spreads from the Kennywoood area all the way over to CCAC South Campus.
There are older and newer communities - depending on what you are looking for.
If you have specific questions I can try and answer them - you can email me at jeanninekeslar@prudentialpreferred.com
I live in West Mifflin and have experience in residential and commercial sales. I would love to give you a free CMA Market Analysis so you can see what other homes are selling for to see if it's a good deal or not.....Do you need help getting pre-approved too?
If you click on the link below, you can do a Community Report to compare the two areas. I am a Realtor in the Monroeville area but have also lived in the West Mifflin area so I am familiar with both communities. If I can answer any of your questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 412-607-7346 or by email at cindypalmer@prudentialpreferred.com. Thank you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
If you like to know about the neighborhood you can visit http://www.homefacts.com. Good luck.
I've sold quite a few houses in West Mifflin and, when priced right, they sell quickly. West Mifflin has the bonus if being convenient to the East AND South. Also, they have a good school district and they are affordable.
I have had good luck with West Mifflin...just like anywhere else, it's price, condition, location that determine how quickly it sells!
My home and office are in Monroeville and I have sold real estate for almost 35 years. I do sell homes all around the Pittsburgh area but being located in Monroeville I obviously know it better and sell more here. An agent from West Mifflin my say different but I say that resale in Monroeville is better then that in West Mifflin. To back it up with some quick facts, per the West Penn Multi-List currently there are 131 homes listed for sale between $12,500 and $229,900 on the market in West Mifflin with a population of 20,313 (per 2010 census) and 218 in listed between $24,000 and $1,270,000 in Monroeville with a population of 28,386 (per the 2010 census) . In the last year 164 have sold in West Mifflin between $8,000 and $164,900 while in Monroeville for the same period of time there were 218 homes sold between $23,000 and $610,000. So what do you think about resale. I hope this helps you. Please feel free to contact me for any assistance.
Blair