Fctfndr, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

I live in an HOA in Sugar Land, Texas. I love dogs and own two, however the neighbor behind me owns a dog

Asked by Fctfndr, Houston, TX Wed May 13, 2009

that barks constantly, is untrained and unsupervised daily. It is possible this is in violation of the Covenants, however if it is not, what is my recourse? It has erroded our quality of life and the use of our back yard!

Answers

3
It normally is in your deed restrictions. Contact your HOA or knock on the door (or leave a nice note) asking your neighbor to please bring their dog inside due to the constant barking. If they do not do so, I would pursue it with the HOA. You may wish to contact the HOA Management Company for more advise as well on your options.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 13, 2009
FEW QUESTIONS:
a) New to area, most dogs will bark new in surrounding
NOTE: I have a new neighbor move in next door WOW 2 months "little dogs" barked all day apparently home owners departed extremely early in morning for work ... NOW I hear nothing from dogs.
b) Contact HOA request for them communicate with family
c) Contact Police.
d) No bark collars are another option - girlfriend new to an area, neighbors angry over dogs barking finally had to restort to this option no longer required.

NOTE: If family is new, give it time ... therefore you positivie conditions with neighbor.

GREAT QUESTION.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair
Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 13, 2009
HOA is the best way to solve your problem.