Quality of Life in 14743>Question Details

Allison Elde…, Other/Just Looking in Olean, NY

I have a home in my name and have just recently moved out. Can my significant other get me for abandonment?

Asked by Allison Elderkin, Olean, NY Sun Aug 3, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


Legal question; but I think it's your mortgage company you really should worry about. If you don't pay the payments, they get to foreclose and there goes your house and your credit. And if you do pay the payments, your "significant other" lives there for free. That doesn't sound like a result you would want. Of course, if there are children involved, that's a whole other matter!!!!!!!!!
Web Reference: http://www.ahome2love.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 3, 2008
That is a legal question and should be best answered by an attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 3, 2008
I agree with the others- In this case you need legal advise. You should definately contact your attorney.
Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 3, 2008
Realtors are not permitted by law to give legal advice. It certainly sounds like you need the advice of an attorney.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 3, 2008
Although i am not a lwayer and can not offer legal advise as to be 100% exact, i would think yes. Consult an attorney before you move out. You should be able to get a fre consultation to get the answer your need. Also try your sates bar association web site for FAQ. It may have it in there. Good Luck
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 3, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer