Quality of Life in 98148>Question Details

Laura Junjek, Other/Just Looking in Renton, WA

I found my aunt's home to be vacant. 311 199th st seattle 98148 sold sept 7

Asked by Laura Junjek, Renton, WA Wed Oct 3, 2007

Help me find my aging aunt Dorothy Muller who lived at 311 199th st seattle wash.98148 property apparently sold sept 7th for 210,000

Answers

9
Hi Laura,

A check of our NWMLS does not show the house being listed. A check of the King County Tax Records does indeed show a sale that closed on Sept 7, 07.

Contact a local title/escrow company and they can provide you all the info that is public record. You can find out which company or attorney executed the documents. Your aunt Dorothy would have been personally present with a notary to sign closing documents and they should have a forwarding address to transmit the proceeds of the sale.

For security and privacy sake, I will leave the rest of this search up to you. Some entities may want you to appear in person to verify. It is a sad comment, but in our day and age there are so many scams, folks are less helpful than they used to be. Hope you are able to find her and reconnect. Take care.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 3, 2007
Hmmmm, is this a scam? I once had a caller from the U.K. have the same question and I tried to help, but began to wonder if it was all a scam.
You can go by the home and ask the new owner if they have forwarding information for your Aunt. If they do not ask them who handled escrow for the sale of the home. You can contact the escrow agent to see if they can give you contact information for your Aunt. If they can't due to privacy issues they may be able to forward your number to her.
Junjek,

Are you polish? If so, my polish relatives may be able to help. Did you contact the police?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2007
Hallo Laura,
this answer is fom Bremen Germany ! We are the Burmeister family !
We also search aunt and sister Dorothy Muller !
Maybe you remember Marlies, Heinz and Claus Burmeister !
Marlies is the sister from Dorothy and the last 6 month we havent any sign of life from her and family !
PLEASE answer, then we can phone or email !
Lovely Greetings
Family Burmeister
You can also check the County Public Records at http://www.metrokc.gov. Here's a link to the records search page: http://146.129.54.93:8193/search.asp?cabinet=opr

Enter the Parcel number in the Tax Parcel field. The Parcel # is 6123600210

There are two recent documents are available related to this property, including the buyer's info, which is viewable in a PDF.

(Note: info provided above is from public records)
Web Reference: http://www.metrokc.gov
Just had a thought. I don't live or work near there or I'd head over and ask the neighbors myself. I'll see if I can find an agent nearby who wouldn't mind checking.
The property doesn't come up in the mls, though I see the sale in the tax records. I'd suggest writing a note to the neighbors. Email me if you need some help with that. Ardell@BrioRealty.com
Hi Laura. My suggestion is that you contact an agent in Seattle. If the house was listed through the MLS, the agent can look up the name of the listing agent. If you know the name of the listing agent already, contact him or her. The agent most likely will know where your aunt moved. The agent could contact your aunt and let her know you are looking for her. Good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.go2kw.com
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA