Quality of Life in 92860>Question Details

Michele, Other/Just Looking in Norco, CA

I am renting a house at 2578 corona ave, Norco Ca, and our landlord seems to be getting alot of phone calls

Asked by Michele, Norco, CA Mon Mar 31, 2008

from banks, mortgage companies, filed inspectors coming by. Is this house close to foreclosure or is there anything I might need to be worried about?

Answers

8
Doug Beaver’s answer
Come into the office and let's see if they have been given a notice of default. If they have you have options as you do have a contract. Not paying rent is not one of them but opening a separate account and paying rent to that account is one. Do not do that until we speak. If you have already solved the problem then never mind....
Sounds like the landlord may be in default. Please contact us directly and we can discuss the type of lease your are on and what best and worse case scenarios may be.
Try realtor track to see if they are in default.

You can indeed set up a protected account for rent but- itis the lease and its clauses that will give you th e chance to live in that house or not.
It's been a long time since you posted this question. Could you let us know how things turned out for you? An update would be appreciated by all. Thank you!
Michelle, Sorry to hear you need to move but I've got a 3 bedroom 2 bath at Riverwalk and the water is paid by the owner. You'll not be asked to move from there. Or are you looking for another place in Norco? Has the bank made contract with you; keys for cash program.

Take care,
Emma
Michele, did you ever find a replacement rental?

I see the bank now owns the home as everyone suspected was happening.
According to the MRMLS and MLSAlliance Multiplpe Listing Services, 2578 Corona Ave., Norco, CA is not listed for sale. I checked my property tax records and do not see a Notice of Default (the first step in the foreclosure process).

An NOD could've been filed and not hit the books yet.

Thanks for the opportunity to help. If you need anything else, drop me a line at sean.giorgianni@gmail.com.
Web Reference: http://frclsrtv.com
They are calling you on your phone? Your landlord's phone?

It sounds as though the landlord may be in default. You may want to talk to him/her about it. You would probably rather find out now.
Web Reference: http://www.DotChance.com