Quality of Life in 84040>Question Details

Egentry, Home Buyer in Virginia

I am looking to relocate to either NE Layton, Syracuse, or S. Weber area? Are there reasons why one would?

Asked by Egentry, Virginia Mon Mar 24, 2008

avoid raising a famliy of 4 in these areas (oldest 10, youngest 1)?

Answers

8
All the areas you mentioned are family oriented areas. Syracuse has grown tremendously, E. Layton (84040) has been one of the areas that has maintain their appraised values the most (in Davis County) through the crisis, S. Weber is known to be a great area, but there also have been some mud slides if the houses are too close to the Hill Air Force Base and on a slope. Also, South Weber will get the most powerful cross winds of the area, because of the canyon. It'll depend on your commute, tolerance to noise levels (base) and other features/criteria that you only know. Being in Syracuse (furthest from the base) will not guarantee a quiet place if you're right under the flight line. :) If you want statistics as far as schools, crime rates and market trends, please let me know and I'll send you a lot of information. I've lived in Davis County for 15 years, currently 2 blocks from Syracuse, but in the past a few years in East Layton as well.
I am not familiar with the Layton and Weber areas but I do know that Syracuse, NY has one of the best housing markets in the Country. As of April 2008 according to the National Association of REALTORS:

Sales Price (Median)- YTD Change / Homes Sales - YTD Change

Syracuse $132,600 +9.6 293 -3.6
Central New York $119,000 +0.8 425 -6
NYS $215,000 -12.2 5,838 -14.7
North East $262,000 -7.7 74,00 -14
United States $202,300 -8 434,000 -15.7

If you are interested in buying a home in Syracuse there are over 6,000 Central New York homes for sale onhttp:// http://www.cnyrealtor.com. I would also check out the Buyers and Sellers section for some great information on the City and differeint financing options.

I hope this helps.
Web Reference: http://www.cnyrealtor.com/
Kristie hit it right on. These are all great reasons to relocate to the areas you mention. Your next step is to find an agent who is willing to take the time to learn what is important to you, help you feel comfortable with the whole process, then help you find a match. I am experienced in these areas and would love to talk with you about the next steps. My email is myagentliz@gmail.com cell # is 801-725-3869.
Web Reference: http://letsmoveutah.com
Those are all fantastic areas to buy a house. The only possible issue you could be concerned with is that in the very eastern most parts of Layton and South Davis, the snow can get pretty deep in the winter, and coupled with the steep hills in some areas, makes for some treacherous driving. Having said that, I would absolutely love to live there anyway.

You may want to add Kaysville to your list of towns to look in, there's some great homes there too.

You may be interested in checking out http://www.greatschools.net to do some research on the schools. All of Davis County is in the Davis School District, and all of Weber County is Weber School District.
The areas you selected are the best place to find great prices on homes. They are growing quickly, we are centrally located to all the major ski resorts, camping and fishing. It's a great place to raise kids, and in 2006 Davis High School (in Kaysville) won a national award for have the highest percentage of graduates in the NATION! That's indicative of Davis County quality overall. It's a great schools system, and a great play area. Davis County is a great place to raise kids!
The housing market is still affordable!! I have a home listed in South Ogden . 1014 Ben Lomond Avenue in South Ogden 84403.
Cherie Sharp
Hi. I live in Davis County. I think you should ask yourself "why wouldn't I?" The areas you're talking about are some of the most fastest growing cities in Utah. This should tell you what kind of an area it is. Will you be working at Hill Air Force Base? It's one of Utah's largest employers and it's in the area you're speaking (east Layton) Feel free to search the area for homes for sale from my web site. Here's a link to get you directly to the search page. It takes a minute to load but it'll be worth it. Enjoy! http://www.jeffwillsellit.com/manhattan/search.php
There is a span of about 90 miles of what we refer to as the Greater Wasatch Front. I refer to 4 major counties starting with the southern most county of Utah County, heading north to Salt Lake County, and then Davis County, then Weber County. You are asking about properties that would be located in Davis and Weber Counties. Fortunately for the Greater Wasatch Front we have not seen the housing market take a nose dive like some areas of the country or what you see and hear in the national media. Yes, our rapid appreciation of homes that we saw between 2004 - 2006 has stopped and any one who bought during this period and are now trying to sell are most likely having to reduce their prices or some even having to sell for less than what they bought their home for. Affordability and being able to qualify for a loan may be the greatest challenge for buyers right now. However, in the cities you have mentioned to relocate do have a better inventory of affordable homes! Our economic indicators are very favorable. We have led or been ranked high in the nation for new jobs, population growth, and low unemployment. These all bode well to keep a stable housing market. Several other factors you did not mention is what price range of homes are looking for, where you will be working at (will you be commuting to Salt Lake City area), what type of community amenities are important to you, i.e. schools, recreational, shopping, etc. I can provide additional information to you if you like. You can contact me via email, homes@kristiejensen.com, cell phone, 801-450-7428, or visit my website at kristiejensen.com. Good luck to you
Kristie