Quality of Life in Akron>Question Details

Nancy, Other/Just Looking in Akron, OH

I am looking to find info on which areas south of Akron are nice to live. I will be workig in Akron, but am willing to drive no more than an hour.

Asked by Nancy, Akron, OH Tue Jan 17, 2012

Answers

9
Hi Nancy,
An hour is a VERY long drive in greater Akron area. Welcome to the land of affordable housing and short commutes! Depends on what geography is important for you and what specifically you want for your new home (size, price, land, etc). I managed our office in the south suburbs (Green, OH) for 6 years and would welcome assisting you. Lots of general tips you can use as you search, give a call/text (330.328.2862) or email and I can give you some insights. There are many attractive areas eg Green, Lake Twp, N. Canton, Jackson, Coventry, New Franklin, Mogadore (smaller, quainter), and then various neighborhoods south but within Akron (Ellet, Firestone Park). Happy to help you further. Best regards - Eric
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
There are several areas south of akron that would be great places to live in. Uniontown, Hartville, Jackson, Plain Township are just a few.
You can call or email me anytime at:
330-752-4892
duanejohnston@howardhanna.com

Good Luck in your search,
Duane Johnston,
Howard Hanna Real Estate
I have 2339 14th SW for sale in Kenmore, AKA Akron, 44314
Open house every Sunday 1-3 PM
or
330-819-1935
Ad is on this site, Craig's, and Zillow
Hi Nancy,

Are you still looking to buy a home in the Akron area? If so there are plenty of great deals to be had in the area. Just let me know the price point you want to be in and I'll send you a list of homes.

Duane Johnston,
Howard Hanna Real Estate
Phone: 330-752-4892
Text: 330-883-3355
Email: duanejohnston@realtor.com
Web Site: http://www.DuaneJohnston.howardhanna.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Get out of Summit County! More for your money in either Stark or Wayne, lower taxes.
I have a Condo for sale in the Portage Lakes area, south of akron... It's in Mariner's Pointe, the hidden Crown Jewel Of The Lakes. 2/3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths 2-fireplaces, Lake views from every window, Private dock, great commons, exclusive. Beautiful area on West Reservior....THE lake to be on.. ! No maintenance, live, love and enjoy. (330) 328-6950
Hi Nancy!

What part of Akron will you be working? Give me a call. I would love to learn a little more about your needs for your new home: 330-351-3051.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
I personally would recommend the Portage Lakes area. That is where I myself live. For a wealth of information on that area, visit my website http://www.TomMcCombs.com.
Web Reference: http://www.TomMcCombs.com
There are several nice communities surrounding the Akron area, many of which can be reached in under 25 minutes depending on what side of town you're on and where your work is located. Where are you moving from?