donjac, Home Buyer in Cut Bank, MT

I am a 64 y/o man who recently experienced an injury resulting in loss of mobility and am now limited to a wheel chair, is SCW disability friendly ?

Asked by donjac, Cut Bank, MT Sat Sep 29, 2012

I am also a recent widower, am I correct to assume that domestic help, yard work, etc. is available locally ? I have not been in Az. or spent any appreciable amount of time in a large city in over 25 years, subsequently any info that might afford an insight to SCW living in re my situation would be appreciated.

Rick Nichols’ answer
There is a resource PORA, which has a list of vendors to contact. Plenty of resources to assist you with day to day needs and special needs.

I am not sure how other agents would describe Sun City West, but I would consider it a bed room community, for seniors. All your needs and services can be found in the area. Remember, Phoenix is a large city with world class amenities and really we are in the metro PHX area.

I hope that helps!

Best Wishes,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Everyone did a fantastic job mentioning the ADA friendly features of Sun City West. I might also mention that I think one of the additional benefits of it is that it does not feel like a large city in the respect that you have access to state of the art facilities and medical care and yet it has a very relaxed pace that is not at all part of the regular bustle of metropolitan Phoenix. The individual subdivisions do a lot to cater to those that are in exactly your situation and it's my personal opinion that Sun City West and surrounding adult communities offer an unparalleled quality of life that enables you to to tailor a lifestyle that suits your interests and desires to stay connected socially despite any disabilities you may have.

Good luck on your search, but I think you will find that it may be the ideal place for you to live!

Warmest Regards,
Michelle Spalding
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Hello donjac in Cut Bank Montana! You would find Sun City West, Arizona to be one of the most disability friendly communities in the nation. After living here for more than 20-years, I can tell you the Sun City communities were designed from the beginning with seniors and the disabled in mind. You can go to to view many of our lifestyle advantages. All of the rec centers, pools, etc., are constructed to accommodate the disabled. Our Banner Del Webb Hospital, located within Sun City West is also one of the finest hospitals in the country. Google it for more information. To enable Sun City West residents to live out their lives in their retirement "hometown," the community offers four assisted-living residences plus three facilities for the memory-impaired. Hospice care is also available locally.Housing is also disabled friendly, with all homes on one floor, wide doors, etc. I also have a complete list of services that can help you with anything you might need. The weather, conveniences and people are great and you won't find a flake of snow. Come on down, you'll be glad you did! Please give me a call at 623-363-9128 or email me at if I can be of further assistance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
I am in similar predicament.....hope I run into you out there.
Hang in there,
Dan Maloney
Yes, we are geared for senior citizens with all services offered to help us. Go to the internet page for Sun City WEst and you will find all the items our area has available for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
Sun City West is very ADA enlightened. In particular, you will find that the area has the side walk cut outs, and merchants who understand issues that ADA patrons have.

I live in Corte Bella, and our community has a lift at the pool to assist residents that require assistance getting into the pool, nice wide sidewalks, sidewalk cut outs and a friendly community! Floor plans are also ada friendly and I would think could be further modified to make your life as easy as possible.

Best wishes,

Rick Nichols
Denny is so right! Sun City & Sun City West are amazing! If you find a home that you like, but needs some additional "revamping" to meet your needs we have loan programs that may be structured to help in that area.

"Thank you for allowing me to be of service"
Marie E. Wagner
Mortgage Loan Originator
Direct Phone 623-703-8890
FAX 623-218-1807
Company licenses NMLS - #2975, AZ–#BK 0920359
Individual NMLS #950530, AZ License #LO-0921403

Open Mortgage LLC
Better Business Bureau A+ rating
Please go to my website,, and go to the communities section. Once there click on Sun CIty West. This is an abundance of information there and on my Blog.
Please call if you need further information, 623/670-3813.