Trulia Scott…, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

How would you describe the life as a local in Scottsdale now that spring training is over?

Asked by Trulia Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ Mon Apr 1, 2013

Answers

8
Samuel Cassel’s answer
A heat emanates from the desert, a sure sign of the withdrawal of the winter visitors. Summer is upon us, bringing with it such brutal heat, a fiery backdrop for the host of Tribal and Affliction t-shirts one may glimpse parading about. How to describe life now that those from the east have taken leave of this parched and weary land? How does one describe a piping hot bowl of soup to a man who can neither feel nor taste nor hear nor smell nor see?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Scottsdale always has a lot to do with great golf courses, hiking, shopping, restaurants, fabulous resorts and a busy night life. The Scottsdale Culinary Festival is April 17 - 22 with great bands and great food. This event in downtown Scottsdale is always well attended. When the temperatures warm up, some people head to our lakes to go boating, water skiing and jet skiing. Scottsdale is a great place to live year round. Let me know if I can assist you with finding the right home to purchase in Scottsdale.

Rob Ryan
The Gallery Collection
Luxury Division of West USA Realty
602-828-1589
RobAZHomes@gmail.com
What Spring Training?! We have so much to do in Scottsdale, I didn't know we have that, too?! lol! :)
The pulse of events continues....for example baseball season has started... culinary events...
our spring weather is wonderful to be outside and experience wildflower landscapes.
Scottsdale is definitely a place to be and be seen year round.

Connie McGregor
Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Really
http://www.conniemcgregor.com
While many people come to Scottsdale for Spring Training -- especially from cities like San Francisco, Denver and Chicago, whose teams train in Arizona -- Scottsdale has a lot of life even once Spring Training is gone. Scottsdale is a tourist mecca most of the year, and has events such as the Barrett Jackson Auto Show, the Arabian Horse Show, and many, many other attractions. Old Town Scottsdale is busy every weekend of the year, regardless of whether pre-season baseball is here at the time. We're enjoying perfect short-sleeve weather, flora is blooming and the skies are blue daily. So while the sports lovers among us will miss attending baseball games, we have a lot to live for here!

Mead Summer
Realtor & Branch Manager
HomeSmart Real Estate
480/747-7255
mead@suepriorAZhomes.com
http://www.superiorAZhomes.com
I went to the last Spring Training game at Salt River Fields on Thursday - IT WAS SOLD OUT! People were asking me for tickets as I walked through the parking lot. I was on the lawn. The temperature rose to about 90 degrees or so on a clear day as people at ice cream and Indian flat bread.

The rest of the weekend I did yard work. Plants start growing out and blooming in FEBRUARY out here - so you need to start early. I lost some plants due to late winter frost and went to work digging them up on Saturday. I was wondering if I'd have to mow my lawn for the 3rd time this year - I let it go since I already had 2 bags of clippings and pulled up shrubs.

Shorts, Sandals, and Sunscreen are already in use out here. This is Scottsdale, and it's a resort and vacation paradise! WHO do YOU know that wants to buy or lease a home here? My team will take care of them like family!
The Spring Training visitors are mostly terrific. They love their teams, love their baseball, and fun to be around. I remember seeing spring training at the old Phoenix muni down on Central and Mohave! Old wooden stadium. Caught a foul ball by Andy Pafko, catcher for the Pirates. (I'm showing my age, now). Spring Training here now is really just about tops anywhere. I think the teams love it as well. Now that its over, its a lilttle easier to get into the restaurants, but, otherwise, not much else has changed.
Fantastic.. We have the best weather and traffic is somewhat of a non-issue. Why do you ask?

Jonathan Budwig
RE/MAX EXCALIBUR
BudwigGroup.com
480-797-8461
Hi Jonathan- Thanks for your answer! We're here to read your questions and answers to get a sense of local hot topics, ask questions to further develop the local conversation, and share local insights.
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013