Dwayne, Home Buyer in Shelbyville, IN

How significant is the airport noise level in the Glengariff area? It seems awfully close to the airport!

Asked by Dwayne, Shelbyville, IN Wed Oct 16, 2013

Answers

2
I am a REALTOR and live in the heart of Glengariff...We are not in a noise zone meaning the average DBL is less than 65...It is incredibly quiet and serene, surrounded by Lake Whitehurst and The Norfolk Botanical Garden. The runway is well east of our neighborhoods and planes either take off or land from the North or South, generally depending on the wind speed and direction. We have the best of both worlds being so close and convenient to the Norfolk International Airport and yet strategically opposite the noise that you would expect. I know it "sounds" hard to believe but it's true...come visit our lovely neighborhood any time!
Hi Dwayne,
Yes, the neighborhood is next to the airport but the landing patterns go perpendicular to the neighborhood. Officially it is in our lowest classification of jet noise zone, less than 65, but in reality you will probably hear some noise there. But according to the map I check the planes don't fly directly OVER the neighborhood.
Feel free to contact me about any other questions about our area if you are relocating and need help.
KK German
Wainwright Real Estate
kkgerman@gmail.com