Paul Hamilton, Home Buyer in Port Townsend, WA

How many days of sunshine per year in Jacksonville, OR?

Asked by Paul Hamilton, Port Townsend, WA Mon Jan 14, 2008

Answers

4
I have heard all my life that the Applegate Valley has 300 days of sun a year. I am not sure about Jacksonville.
This answer is in response to a question Trulia sent me dated 2008! Jacksonville, OR is a town of about 2400 within 15 minutes of the Medford Airport AND is designated a National Historic Landmark. Besides that people who come to visit often stay to buy a home because it is totally small town charming, has milder weather than northern Oregon, very little snow and sunshine OFTEN. I think the most sunshiney (is this a word?) city in Oregon, however, is Bend, I believe. You have to check us and other cities out to decide where you think the quality of life suits you! I'd be glad to help. Thanks for asking, ellee
Here's one for you, I've been told that back in the 60's one of the major Jacksonville newspapers was so convinced of daily sunshine that on the day following a totally cloudy day, their papers were FREE.
There is a reason why the entire state of Florida is called the "Sunshine State."