Quality of Life in 18964>Question Details

Scrappydoo70, Home Buyer in Forks Township, PA

How is the quality of life in Souderton?

Asked by Scrappydoo70, Forks Township, PA Sun Aug 23, 2009

How is this town? What is the school system like? My husband and I are looking at homes in this town. We are relocating from NJ. Thanks!

asowhangar’s answer
We have lived in souderton about 10 years now. Raised 3 kids here, who are all graduates of The Souderton High School, old and new buildings. The area is a great place to raise your kids here. Like every where you go, you have your good and bad. As for us it's been a great place to raise our kids. The schools here are rated top 10 in district and in the nation. My kids will be raising their children here, because of the school district.
My husband and I have lived in the Souderton area for over 23 years. The lifestyle here is relaxed and there still remains an element of old time values and gatherings. There are concerts in the park, community events, etc...

The schools are A+. I raised two buyers here both with different scholastic needs, and Souderton has provided a great education.
If you and your husband are already looking at homes in Souderton there must be some attraction. How old are your children? It may be more important to know the quality of the grade school depending on age. I live in the Souderton area and I am originally from Phildelphia, My wife is a life long resident ( NOT mennonite ). One of the speeches I give to people relocating to the area is that the people in the Souderton area are NOT trying to leave the Souderton area, they may move to a larger home or in some cases down size but the typical move is a mile or two. The names you see on the street signs are the names of the families that still live in the area. If you are from north Jersey you may not feel so welcome, if you are Giant or mets fans, south Jersey and you may be more at home. All kidding aside for some serious Real Estate advice contact me or Jean, we are both licsensed Realtors.
If you're Mennonite, then it's a great choice for you. Otherwise, if you're used to an area that's diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, religion, politics, this is not the best place for you. However, there's a lot available for the price in terms of real estate. You just have to realize that this is a town with very fixed ideologies.

A well planned visiti to the area will provide you with much of the information you are seeking......AND it would be based on your personal view.....not the opinion of someone else.

Best wishes with your move to PA.
Hello Scrappydoo70....(LOVE your name, by the way!!:)

Congrats on your relocation to PA. Souderton is a wonderful place to raise a family. You can check out everything you'd ever want to know about the school district at the school district page of my website at: http://www.judysfinehomes.com/resources/schools.htm.

Have you ever been to Souderton? Take time to drive through and, if possible, ask passers by about the area. That is a great way to get candid feedback from those "in the know"!:)

If you haven't yet hired a Buyer's Agent (that is, a full-time professional Realtor who will guide you through the relocation/homebuying process and represent YOUR best interests), I recommend that you take the time to interview 2-3 Realtors....grill them with questions.....and ultimately choose one who you believe is sufficiently experienced, knowledgeable, responsive and who is committed to looking out for YOU! In addition, you want to choose someone with great negotiation skills as well as a keen understanding of contract language (to ensure that, when you find the home of your dreams, you'll get the BEST bang for your buck!:)

I hope this helps. Please feel free to call me at (610) 324-5240 with any questions...or to talk more about the specific needs for your next home. It would be my pleasure to assist you in any way that I can.

Good luck and blessings to you.............

Judy May, Esquire, REALTOR
"A Refreshingly Different Real Estate Experience"

CENTURY 21 Alliance
2828 Audubon Village Dr
Audubon PA 19403
O: (610) 666-0202 x. 26
C: (610) 324-5240 (preferred)
F: (610) 666-1942

Search available homes throughout ALL of Montgomery County!

You'll need to go directly to the Radio Shack. 1. Buy yourself a tape recorder. 2. Drive to Souderton using Mapquest or Google maps. 3. Go to an in-town breakfast diner. 4. Interview a few local breakfasteers on their thoughts of the town. 5. Call your realtor. 6. Ask him/her for a community web site to visit to evaluate the school system, crime rate and overall neighborhood. 7. Visit properties. 8. Replay the tape recordings back to you and your husband. 9. Make decision, 10. Make offer. 11. Move in.