Quality of Life in Margate>Question Details

Ig, Home Buyer in Broward County, FL

How is quality of life in Coral Bay, Margate Fl?

Asked by Ig, Broward County, FL Fri Jun 27, 2008

info’s answer
We love living in Coral Bay! Its a family neighborhood. We moved to the area in 2008 and some things needed improvement like the gates and tennis courts but the property management company has done an amazing job getting this place looking very nice. New tennis courts, new basketball court, new gates, remodeled pools, new playground, even new streets recently and everything is kept well painting and clean. We have never had an assessment either which is great and we only pay $150 a YEAR in association fees which makes it even better!

The peninsula pool park is my favorite. It's a beautiful pool and park on the lake. The lake is clean too and great for fishing.

Another plus is having everything you could need just outside of the community. Tons of stores and a new Starbucks all right outside of the community.

Overall, we are VERY happy here and highly recommend it.
We have lived in CB since 2010 and to date no complaints. Very quit and people are very nice. Living on the lake is wonderful, great breeze and to date, not one flood. We really enjoy living so close to everything. There's about six supermarkets within a two to three mile radius.
life in coral bay is nice i used live there. it is a friendly community and gated, everyone gets along wel
I like the area..I am not sure about the homes in coral Bay, but off of Sample in that Turtle creek area north is fantastic and highly desirable location. All shops a healthy walk away. Great eat out choices.
I put a Buyer in a Coral Bay foreclosure 3 months ago. The house had new paint and carpeting but needed a little sprucing up outside. I spoke with them recently, and they are VERY happy with their purchase...and the price!!! This particular development was a perfect match for their needs.
The houses are pretty close together but other than that i lov the floor plans, i love the neighborhood. Its the type of neighborhood you raise a family in. The Coral Springs high school is across the street. Target, Burlington, grocery stores, wendy's is all walking distance. Good Luck!
We have lived in Coral Bay since 2005, with our four children. Coral Bay is a quiet, diverse, active, fun family community. There are three beautiful pool areas, a basketball court, several parks, tennis courts, a three mile jogging/walking trail along the inside of the community, and lake access for electric and man-powered water craft. Children play throughout the community, it is quiet at night, and maintained in a pristine manner.

The downsides, which are minimal, are that after the hurricane the gates have not been replaced. For $120 HOA dues, we are not complaining TOO much. The repairs are taking awhile but so was the receipt of the FEMA and other funding. We have not received an assessment for any of the repairs, landscape and outer wall, mostly. Also, parking is a bit of an issue. We have teen drivers and multiple vehicles. We do not park in our garage and only have room for two vehicles in our driveway. Street-side parking is allowed but you will be towed if you park on the sidewalk in front of your home. Not too much of an issue either.

Overall, we are very happy and love our community!

Coral Bay family
I am not sure about the quality of life, but I can say that all of the feedback I have heard on the quality of houses was negative. My wife's aunt lived there for a few years and they had to replace an entire wall due to "rottening" due to moisture. I know someone who lives there now and he mentioned the build quality was poor. I even did an inspection on a house there myself, as I was thinking about buying. The inspection was so poor I lost interest immediately.

All I can say in summary, is look before you leap.
Community suffers from not having a master HOA. Cars parked everywhere, community entrance not maintained. Most homes need to be painted, lawnsnot well maingtained. I am looking for a home and have visited Coral Bay. I wont buy there.
The quality of life is really up to you. Coral Bay is a very dynamic and diverse community. It's much larger then most communities which can be a pro and con but I've lived here for going on eight years and I'm very happy where I am. There has also been a website launched dedicated to Coral Bay which can be found at CoralBayLive.com. This is kind of special since I've never seen this type of thing with any other community before.
Web Reference: http://www.coralbaylive.com
Coral Bay is a 997 home Community within the boundaries of the city of Margate, FL. Contrary to my colleagues answer before, Coral Bay has eight individual incorporated HOA's. Instead of a Master HOA made up of a representative from each of the HOAs, Coral Bay has a Community Development District (CDD). The CDD board is elected at large by the registered voters living within the district. The 5 members manage the common elements shared between the eight HOAs.

The quality of life is as good as any community is SE Florida who has the climate, culture, sports, and waterways in common.

It could be better if the CDD board recognized they simply replace a Master HOA and don't take themselves too seriously. With bad advice from attorneys and engineers, they perceive their purpose to maintain unseen infrastructure as opposed to aesthetically appealing amenities that a master HOA would focus on.

This is the fatal flaw with CDDs. They don't represent the people. They appear to represent the Cities, Counties, State, developers, attorneys, and engineers instead of the citizens. With 5 members elected at large while there are eight HOAs, the result is taxation without representation of the individual HOAs who have no representation.
Web Reference: http://VelieRealEstate.com
Hello lg,

What features are important to you in order to maintain a quality of life that is comfortable for you.
Web Reference: http://www.stelsells.com
Coral Bay is a gated "community development district"(an additional annual fee) located convenient to the Florida Turnpike. It features a pool, club house, and tennis courts. The homes here are generally over 2,000 square feet and priced between $350,000 and $450,000.

The fact that there is no community Home Owner's Association may be an attractive feature or a disadvantage.

The "Ecklr Team"