Quality of Life in Atlanta>Question Details

The Man, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

How can you list a house as derelict as 270 Ormond St. SW. It's a disgrace to the city!

Asked by The Man, Atlanta, GA Mon Dec 8, 2008

As of 12/8/08, the house at 270 Ormond St. SW is not as described. The house has no HVAC, the windows are broken and partially boarded up, and the people who are living/squatting there now have no regard for keeping the neighborhood clean or safe. Housing Code Enforcement and the Better Business Bureau should be made aware of this house and the bogus listing.

Answers

7
"NEWLY RERENOVATED 2 STORY TRADITIONAL BUILT IN 2004
CLOSE TO DOWNTOWN,MIDTOWN, AIRPORT AND TURNER FIELD
LARGE BACKYARD.GREAT FOR ENTERTAINING. NEW CARPET, NEW
APPLIANCES, NEWLY PAINTED. MUST SEE "

Now, for $135,000, on one of the finer streets of Mechanicsville, and it's a short sale...that is one delightfully sexy "public remarks" description, ain't it?

It would be a great place for entertaining, now that I think about it...

Virtual Properties is the broker. Call the broker in charge, Francine Bean at (770)495-5050. They'll have to drive down from Sugarloaf Parkway to make adjustments to the showcasing ...

You must remember that there are about 25,000 (about a year ago there were about 36,000) real estate agents licensed and active in the metropolitan area.

The barriers to entry and the standards of excellence are rather slim in my business.
Hank,

I got your nuggets.

We discussed "marketing copy" and other creative elements of the Listing Agent's job at a sales meeting on Tuesday, where I got to wax rhapsodically on the merits of creative writing, great photos and ERECT listing signage.

Most agents really apply suction, don't they?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 5, 2009
It's described in the same spirit as all of these drones saying that it's such a great time to buy!

Nuggets of truth can be found in anything....at least that's the address of that house.

Hank
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 5, 2009
I love the answer from Lee on this one. I've been saying this all along. The bank's don't seem to want to pay attention to the listings that means the agents don't have to... I guess.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 10, 2008
Joshua Jarvis, Real Estate Pro in Duluth, GA
Well I'm debating the larger disgrace, the Ormond listing or that last comment. And I swear I saw at least one of those LAPES (low altitude parachute extraction) live, a few even look familiar.
I don't trust you anymore, Hank.
Suction....sooooo many ways to go with that.