Jacina Moore, Renter in Fort Worth, TX

How can I find a safe place to stay and a good school in the Fort Worth area?

Asked by Jacina Moore, Fort Worth, TX Tue May 10, 2011

I am a single mother of one from a very,very small town in Mississippi who is looking to relocate. I don't know much about the Fort Worth or Texas area, so I need help in finding a good place to stay and good public schools. I have never lived in a big city so everything will be new to me, would love to be near recreational things for my child, restaurants, shopping, jobs, etc. All in all just looking for a very safe quite place to live

Answers

5
Rick DeVoss’ answer
Jacina:

Some of the answers that have preceeded mine contain valuable information. The first thing you need to do is contact an experienced Realtor and discuss your personal situation. We need to talk about where you are going to work, and what your capabilities are. Whether you are buying ro renting, the school question remains the same. Everybody will tell you the schools are best in their neighborhood; don't believe it. On average, the schools in the big cities are not as well rated as the smaller, suburban school districts. We will need to discuss finances; for example, ---can you afford to live in the best school districts? There are many things to consider.

The DFW metroplex is a lovely area, and I have been selling & leasing homes here for over 30 years. I think I can guide you in the right direction, and provide you with enough infomation to make an intelligent decision. Different subdivsions have different personalities, and we can talk about what you want for your children. I just recently helped a single mom with 3 girls get settled here. There are many nice parks and areas for the kids to play in. We even have a nice park just for dogs!

Give me a call if you want friendly, personalized service.

Rick DeVoss

817-576-3867
You can contact Fort Worth city receive copy of their welcome package

I work with many relo's direct link of homes for rent in area I don't know your budget
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5041503

You can contact my office where I can assist you further in your search

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
We are fortunate to have a large percentage of good public schools and safe neighborhoods. What are the ages of your children? Where will you be driving to for work? What size sqft home, number of bedrooms, living areaa and baths do you need? What rental price do you want to stay under?
The answer is multi-part. You don't need to answer these here publicly. Think about them yourself and then when you pick an agent, they can help walk you through the process.

What are you relocating for? Work? School? Family? etc.
Are you set on the Fort Worth area? Are you wlling to do outskirts/suburb areas? How about the Dallas area? The answer to the first question will probably determine the answer to this one.
What do you consider safe? You can always check the city police department websites. They generally have crime statistics online that you can search.
What is most important to you as a family?

Those questions (and many others based on the answers) will help you to figure out what might be the best place to go. There are a million and one things to do in the Dallas area, which is why I chose to move here 3 years ago from a small town. I still haven't done even a tenth of the things available.

One thing that you could do when you move to DFW is to sign a short term lease somewhere for 6 months or so. Move down here, get a feel for the area, and then use that to determine where you want to live. This is what I did and it helped me emensely.

If I can be of any help in your decision or journey to the DFW area, please don't hesitate to call or email me.

It's more than real estate. It's RAYL-Estate!

Brian Rayl, REALTOR®, e-PRO, SFR
Keller Williams Elite
972-949-4222
Brian@Rayl-Estate.com
http://BrianRayl.com
Web Reference: http://BrianRayl.com
Jacina
Find a good realtor that knows the area. Share with that realtor what your needs are in the area of education, work, churces, medical facilities etc. The realtor can then share with you different areas that match your needs. You need an agent that has been in the business and can negotiate on your behalf, representing you and working to find you the best home for you and your family. Remember, typically you do not pay the buyer's agent (buyer's agent is who you need) the seller does. Obviously, you will want your realtor to explain that information as well. My team is very familiar with North Texas. Give us a call. We can help!

You will love Texas...........

Warmest Regards
The Blaser and Yoakum Team
214.929.5535 or 817.919.0917
Web Reference: http://www.BlaserYoakum.com