Quality of Life in Reno>Question Details

Brinda, Home Buyer in Reno, NV

Hi, how will you grade the following areas in south reno with respect to real estate VALUE in future (taking

Asked by Brinda, Reno, NV Thu Dec 13, 2007

into account schools, jobs, ease of travel, ease of renting, land value, community, parks etc)

Curti Ranch, Damonte Ranch, South Meadows Parkway, Double Diamond

Answers

3
Anything north of Damonte Parkway is 1 to 3 years out to stabilize ie; Double Diamond area. Too much speculation, rentals, foreclosures, train wrecks etc. Appreciation is about 3 years out as well.

Kurti and parts of Damonte have somewhat stabilized and my model shows the bottom in these areas around June 12, 2008. Remember, South Reno is the part of town that people and business go to and not from. Just look at the morning commute. No where in the United States has a whole new city like So. Reno with its huge new biotech facilities, new tech, biotech, cancer, heart and stroke specialist jobs, new hospitals, new churches, new freeways, new shopping centers, new chair lifts and extreme world class skiing 15 minutes away.

This is a time to be greedy when everyone is fearfull and buy, there is only one South Reno, this is what the California retiree's and busines's dream of.

With the expansion of the jumbo rates of the Golden Goose area we feed off of (Da Bay), the logjam of their homes not selling should break up.

South Reno, sans the areas I mentioned above is and will lead Reno out of it's correction. Some areas of overbuilding/selling/price competition on the outskirts of Reno may take longer than others. For complete details, go to local market and or statistics at my blogsite; http://www.renohomestalk.com , I elaborate on some of these exact topics. Please post while you are there, I would be honored.

Ron Bell
Reno homes Realtor
Coldwell Banker Village Realty
Hi Brinda,

Majority of growth and development are in south side of Reno, particularly "South Meadows". New businesses and housing developments are building towards that area.

Most of the communities in South Meadows are Master Planned Community. There are ample open space, walking trails, shopping areas, restaurants, recreational facilities, and community park. These ammenties are very desirable to people.

You might want to check out the local school disctrict's link regarding schools. You can print school reports from that website.

Catherine
Brinda,
IMHO ... Right now the primary growth is in that direction, both housing and business. More technology, office and retail is moving in along with the housing. This should continue to spur demand. Yes, currently the market is slow in that area, as it is in all of Washoe county (except Incline Village), but as you look around, commercial buildings are continuing to go up. With the price of gas at record highs, I am running into more people who are now more interested with being closer to their work locations. As this area is built up and filled up, demand and value should only increase for houses and rentals. The only other area with simlar features would be the Spanish Springs/Wingfield area of Sparks. As to schools, I can't say anything except I have never heard any negatives about them. I'll give you a link below to the school district and advise you to check them out for yourself. As to your overall catagory "Quality of Life", So. Reno is a great area with access to about everything. Overall grade B+ If you are looking to buy, now would be a good time. The most recent forcast that came out for Reno/Sparks was that things should turn around and start trending up in mid 2008. Lastest numbers I have show prices have slightly increased for the last month.

Feel free to contact me if you would like answers to more specific questions or need more info.

School link: http://www.washoe.k12.nv.us/