Quality of Life in 32835>Question Details

Rafael, Home Buyer in Columbia, SC

Hi I would like to know how good is metro west area for living and appreciation if I buy a townhouse? I am

Asked by Rafael, Columbia, SC Sat Apr 26, 2008

from another country and visited the area but would like to get comments on this specific area

Answers

6
I am going to be honest. Metro West is a mixed area. Closer to the center you will find your more upscale areas but as you branch out it can become a little more hairy. Metro West has a mixed reputation as well. I would say it is like any other big city enviroment. Take a drive out with your GPS and look around. It is easy to get lost and some of the nieghborhoods are unstable. After you drive through, I would suggest you contact a good agent who knows what they are doing, because you might be overwhelmed with the short sales that they have and you do not want to waist time on an unqualified short sale. Please checkout me website and please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.
I am amazed by the previous answer. MetroWest being described as "mixed."..what is she talking about????

MetroWest has been touted as the safest neighborhood in Orlando. WHY? because we have a private police force. Our office is in Veranda Park the jewel of MetroWest where there are upscale condos (selling for more than 400 per foot) and custom homes in Palma Vista.

Its chic, its cool and a great place to live. 15-20 minutes to almost anywhere you'd like to go. Check the facts. THANKS If you'd like to speak with a MetroWest expert call me. 888.VANCE.10
Hi I'm a Realtor living in MetroWest and despite what some will tell you, it's one of the best neighborhoods in Orlando. A new police sub-station is opening this month and we now have our own private police presence. Crime is very low. I've just finished a term as the president of one of the local condo associations and while prices are down right now, they will rise again in the near future. MW is host to Veranda Park, a one billion dollar condo development which is unlike anything else in Orlando. Anyway, if you'd like to know more, get in touch. I'd be happy to help you find the right townhouse in the right community at the right price.
Metrowest has a LOT to offer! It has seen much new growth and has a wonderful feel. It's close to everything, such as the attractions, fine shopping and dining venues, and more. I bring clients to Metrowest on a regular basis. I recommend wholeheartedly that you give it consideration. I'd be happy to speak with you about this, or any area of Central Florida. I can be reached at 321.228.8100 or via email at bdecosmo@cflmove.com. Thanks!!
Brian DeCosmo
Web Reference: http://www.cflmove.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 15, 2008
Hi I would seriously consider the Space Coast of Florida, which is right along the coast. I have created this link http://www.brevardmls.com/brv/maildoc/b005BT6383.html
for you so that you will be able to view specific information on some great deals in south-central Florida, where you pay about half the price for the same type of real property as you would in Ft. Lauderdale. Do you want to enjoy the same tropical, warm, sunny and lovely weather as in Ft. Lauderdale and pay half as much money? Take a look at this link too in order to find out more about our area http://www.PalaceProperties.org.. Let us know if we can help you.

Mark Palace, CEO/Founder
Palace Properties International, Inc.
http://www.PalacePropertiesOnline.com
321.773.5611
321.704.9305

About Us
Our mission is to provide the best service possible to our customers and clients and to be ever mindful of your needs. We achieve true success only by placing you first.
Palace Properties International is a member of the Chamber of Commerce, Melbourne Area Association of Realtors, Florida Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, World Properties, Home Builders and Contractors Association of Brevard (HBCA), Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) as well as the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
Whether you want to invest in California, Virginia, the Carolinas, Florida or elsewhere, we look forward to working with and for you, your family and your friends regarding your and their real estate pursuits. We take advantage of our elite and prestigious professional real estate network of top producing, pre-qualified Realtors that specialize in their respective geographical areas.
Company history
With a rich and diverse international background, the staff at Palace Properties International speaks nine languages, has lived and traveled in over 20 countries and possess multiple advanced postgraduate academic university degrees. Kelly and Mark Palace own the firm along with several other thriving businesses in central Florida.

Local Area Information
Come visit one of America's best kept secrets and you will truly fall in love with our subtropical paradise!

Just 35 miles east of Orlando, Brevard County prides itself as the home of Kennedy Space Center, the only facility in the world that launches the Space Shuttle; Port Canaveral, the second-busiest cruise port in the world; 72 miles of beautiful Atlantic Ocean beaches; and the largest collection of endangered wildlife and plants in the continental United States. With its tropical weather, cultural activities, educational opportunities, active and passive recreation options, high-technology industries, and family-friendly atmosphere, the Space Coast offers an exceptional quality of life that residents and visitors enjoy year-round. Nearly 500,000 people call its 15 municipalities and unincorporated areas "home."

Tucked in among the other beach communities of Brevard County, Indian Harbour Beach sits on two square miles of land between the Atlantic to the east and the still waters of the Indian River Lagoon to the west. Beachfront parks are a great place for a picnic (most have running water to wash off the sand before you replace your flip-flops) and Gleason Park offers 27 acres surrounding a beautiful lake, with exercise trails, lit by Victorian lights in the early evening. Tennis is available on city courts and baseball and soccer fields are available at the city’s million-dollar sports complex.

Mark, you truly are the Somerset Oceanfront Specialist. I really appreciate the way you have worked with me as an owner of two units. I know listing with you is the right choice as you are well connected both in the local community and to the international buyers. Each time I talk to you, it seems you have my best interest in mind. Thank you!” S. Veal, MD 03/22/08
- Dr. Steven Veal, Medical Doctor and Real Estate Investor 3/23/08

I met Mark Palace at the Curves Vibrant Womens Conference and decided to have Palace Properties help me find a place to rent or buy. He had a place within an hour and I could see it that evening after work. Mark works hard for his clients and always kept in contact with me by e-mails and phone calls when I needed to talk to him. Never had to wait long for a call back. He is very professional, courteous and respectful. There are some realtors out there that should take lessons from Mark Palace, Palace Properties.
- Patricia Kane, BRPH Architects/Engineers, Inc 7/24/07
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 17, 2008
MetroWest is a beautiful neighborhood and has serious advantages over almost all of the surrounding areas. First, location, location, location. It's closer and more easily connected to the broadest range of things you will need; Downtown, Millenia Mall, Universal, Sand Lake Road, etc. Second, schools are very good, Third, LOWEST crime rate in the whole area: unlike Dr. Phillips etc, MetroWest has its own Orando Police group and is consistently safer than any neighborhood in central Florida. Fourth, all common areas, streets, parks, etc get the best care since they are paid for by the collective dues of over 40,000 residents. Just drive through MetroWest and you can tell the difference immediately. Fifth, easy to all major employment areas +++ plus shopping, dining and entertainment are VERY close by. In 2006-2007 MetroWest was the #1 area for closings. When the market returns you'll see the demand return first in MetroWest.