Hieru, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Hi, I'm thinking of buying in 90043 (south of 63 St. on 8th Ave.). How safe is that area? Would ADT (or similar) really protect me better?

Asked by Hieru, Los Angeles, CA Fri Aug 12, 2011

Thanks!

Answers

3
Good Day Hieru,

The area in which you are thinking of buying is a district in South Los Angeles known as Hyde Park. Having lived in the general vicinity for over 20 years, I can say that the area gets a C on my safety scale. While it isn't extremely gang or murder infested, there are a few unsavory characters that tend to linger around the popular PM destinations (such as the liquor store and motels on crenshaw). If you are someone who enjoys walking their neighborhood, this might mean scheduling those walks before 8pm to avoid any anxiety or unwelcomed attention. On the other hand if you're someone who's looking to join the neighborhood block, I would reccomend elsewhere. Security Systems provide peace of mind, and the added protection of armed security in some cases. If you believe that I have answered your question to your liking, please feel free to pay me a call at (310) 665-1145 and I'll be honored to assist you in taking the very next steps in purchasing your home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 12, 2011
Andi's right. You may be able to buy in 90047 (which I believe is a superior area). Los Angeles breaks down to pocket areas. I tell my clients that there are nice areas in every city (even Watts). In determining to buy in any city where you have to question whether you and your family would be safe, it is important to look for apartments. Apartment dwellers just dont have the same pride of ownership as owners. I would also recommend driving the neighborhood at night.

Dont depend on ADT, they take about 2 hours to reply to alarms. Im very familiar with this area. Call me for more info, no obligation.

Anthony Tullous
actrealtygroup@gmail.com
310 901 0887
Hello Hieru, ADT will help but one can't guarantee safety in any area. Are you already pre-approved? I'm very familiar with the area. If you are pre-approved for that area's price range, you may also be pre-approved for 90047, 90008 as well.

Go to the Los Angeles page of the site below to search Los Angeles by price range. If you need Realtor assistance feel free to call me at 310-508-4354 to discuss your options.