Quality of Life in Ardmore>Question Details

Kivi, Home Buyer in Ardmore, OK

Hi, I'm a first time home buyer, how is haverford township? Is There school district good? How is the neiborhood?

Asked by Kivi, Ardmore, OK Thu Apr 19, 2012

Tell me about Ardmore,

Answers

4
Casey Pradelli’s answer
Hi Kivi,

I live in Haverford Township and I have two children in the Haverford School District. The schools are wonderful! There are many different areas and neighborhoods in Haverford Township that are great for first time home buyers and young families. Ardmore, Havertown, Bryn Mawr, and parts of Haverford have great starter homes. Please contact me if I can be of assistance to you.

Casey Pradelli
Prudential Fox & Roach
Haverford Station
Direct:610.513.7272
Office:610.649.7410
I have a new listing coming on in Ardmore in Haverford Township later in September 2013. As a Main Line Realtor I am not allowed to give opinions on which schools are better than others. There are web sites that rate different school districts. Just Google school district ratings in the Philadelphia suburbs and Main Line.
Ardmore was listed at #45 on Money Magazine's "100 Best Places to Live" in 2011.

I would be happy to provide you with community and school reports as well. Just shoot me a quick e-mail to jstein@cbpref.com, or you can give me a call at (484) 270-1165.

I look forward to hearing from you and assisting you in the purchase of your new home.
Tips for Finding the Perfect Neighborhood

Your neighborhood has a big impact on your lifestyle. Follow these steps to find the perfect community to call home.
■Is it close to your favorite spots? Make a list of the activities — movies, health club, church, etc. — you engage in regularly and stores you visit frequently. See how far you would have to travel from each neighborhood you’re considering to engage in your most common activities.

■Check out the school district. This is especially important if you have children, but it also can affect resale value. The Department of Education in your town can probably provide information on test scores, class size, percentage of students who attend college, and special enrichment programs. If you have school-age children, visit schools in the neighborhoods you’re considering. Also, check out http://www.schoolmatters.com.

■Find out if the neighborhood is safe. Ask the police department for neighborhood crime statistics. Consider not only the number of crimes but also the type — such as burglaries or armed robberies — and the trend of increasing or decreasing crime. Also, is crime centered in only one part of the neighborhood, such as near a retail area?

■Determine if the neighborhood is economically stable. Check with your local city economic development office to see if income and property values in the neighborhood are stable or rising. What is the percentage of homes to apartments? Apartments don’t necessarily diminish value, but do mean a more transient population. Do you see vacant businesses or homes that have been for sale for months?

■See if you’ll make money. Ask a local real estate agent to get information about price appreciation in the neighborhood. Although past performance is no guarantee of future results, this information may give you a sense of how good of an investment your home will be. A government planning agency also may be able to tell you about planned developments or other changes in the neighborhood — like a new school or highway — that might affect value.

■Make personal observations. Once you’ve narrowed your focus to two or three neighborhoods, go there and walk around. Are homes tidy and well maintained? Are streets quiet? How does it feel? Pick a warm day if you can and chat with people working or playing outside.