Quality of Life in Denver>Question Details

Jon Terry, Real Estate Pro in Golden, CO

Hey Denver, what neighborhood do you live in?

Asked by Jon Terry, Golden, CO Mon Apr 25, 2011

How do you like it? If/when you move are you going to stay in the same neighborhood?

Answers

17
I agree with Nina Kuhl. I live in Park Hill and work the Park Hill area. Beautiful area with great trees and flower gardens. Close to everything including Downtown, Cherry Creek, Stapleton. The western edge is acroos the street from the renowned City Park, City Park Golf Course, the Natural History Museum and other attractions. Park Hill has been known for its diversity of styles of homes as well as people.

Robert McGuire
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 25, 2011
I've lived in University Hills and love the convenience and the old neighborhoods. I now live in southeast Aurora and love the affordability. Much more house for the money then in the high priced neighborhoods.
I live in Harvey Park because of the mid century modern architecture. It's safe, affordable and the neighbors are fantastic! http://www.harveyparkmodern.com
I live in Whittier near City Park in Central Denver! I bought my first home in this neighborhood 4 years ago and have fallen in love and now I do a lot of business in this area because I love it so much. I find City Park, Whittier, Curtis Park, and 5 points amazing areas as the homes are classic and amazing! I have views of downtown from my front porch, walking distance to the parks, dog parks, urban gardens, light rail, coffee shops, and all the amazing restaurants and shops on 17th street! The history and people of these neighborhoods are truly what make it amazing in addition to the urban residential feel and proximity to downtown and cherry creek. When I move there is no doubt I will stay in the same area, I can't imagine a better place to live!
Mitch Todd
Cherry Creek Properties
303-518-0482 or mitchtoddrealestate@gmail.com
I live and own several homes in Cory Merrill/Wash Park. I will stay here for a while, as the location, desirability and proximity to everything in unbeatable!
We live in the Columbine Meadows neighborhood in Broomfield. It's a great little neighborhood that is quiet and friendly. The city of Broomfield has been great, it's a medium sized city that is also it's own county. It's clean, has great amenities such as the Paul Derda Rec center, all the open spaces & trails. Also,there are tons community activities such as Broomfield Days, 4th of July fireworks etc.

Kristina Minor
Cygnus Real Estate
303-594-0432
I live in The Ranch in the North Westminster. We love it for several reasons, the homes hold their value, there are no registered sex offender's in this neighborhood or anywhere near. The turn over rate is very low. People have lived here since they bought their home's in the 1980's. It is a golf course community and the mountain view's are amazing. If/when we decided to move, we would stay in this neighborhood.
Hi Jon,

I grew up in Golden, and after being in the Navy, I have to live in the city. I am glad to have landed back in Denver. It is such a progressive city.

We live in an amazing Victorian Home in Cap Hill, and have lived in D.U. and have a house in Sunnyside as well. A trend right? Central Denver, because to me, with my goals it is a safe bet,and prices are going no where but up. I have been lucky and fortunate with my purchases. I have an investors mind, and don't tie emotion to any home I own. But I love living in the city, and knowing the best restaurants are within 1-2 miles of our house.

Where's next? I like Alamo Placita Park, 7th Ave Historic, and LoHi are all potentials for us. Depends on which direction the market takes us.
I have lived all over Denver and in Boulder County as well. I have loved something about each neighborhood from Uptown to Cherry Creek to City Park to Niwot! We moved into LoHi (Lower Highlands) over a year ago and just adore the proximity to downtown Denver, nightlife and entertainment. We within a 10 minute walk of several incredible restaurants: Root Down, Linger, Little Man Ice Cream, Paxia, LoLa, Vita, etc. My husband works in Boulder and can easily take the BX from Union Station.

Northwest Denver is a great place to be for folks who may need to be downtown, in Boulder, or on a mountain excursion quickly. Everything is within easy reach, perhaps with the exception of the DTC. :) New businesses are popping up in LoHi, Sunnyside, Highlands and Jefferson Park all the time, and we love supporting those closest to us. While many people are already being priced out of LoHi, there are several other up and coming areas to watch. Check out my post on the light rail corridors: http://liveurbandenver.com/blog/westminster-rtd-groundbreaki… Hooray for Denver!
Along with my wife and twin sons I have lived in Platt Park. We have watched our neighborhood grow and are very active in supporting our community. My wife is a fourth generation Coloradan and works and loves Denver.
Great Question.......
I live in DTC and love the schools and the incredibly central location.
I live in Platt Park and love it. My house has a walk score of 88 and I take advantage of it! Some of the best restaurants in town are on Old South Pearl (Sushi/Izakaya Den, Park Burger, Kaos...), light rail is a few blocks away, and Wash Park is only a 15 min walk. Also, the neighborhood has a great mix of families, young professionals and empty nesters. I plan to live here long term!
I like the neighborhoods in East Denver especially Park Hill. It's a great walkable neighborhood close to City Park (Zoo & Nature and Science Museum) has some restaurants and businesses but is mostly residential. Homes vary in architecture but are older from late 1890's to 1930's; there is some new construction. I've lived here for 9 years and when I move will be looking in this neighborhood too. Other neighborhoods that I like are Congress Park, Mayfair, Montclair and Stapleton.
I live in the South Jefferson County area. Specifically the Leawood Estates subdivision. We have been in this home for over 30 years. Moved in with our 3 children who are adults and in their own homes. We planned to move when all of the kids were gone but like the area so much that we have stayed. We are close to schools, grade school a few blocks away, and highschool within walking distance also handy to regional and local parks, golf course and a state park for boating and a major regional shopping mall within two miles. Yes, when we do decide to downsize we will stay in the area.

Galen Malenke Realtor/Broker
Galen Malenke & Co
303-794-2935 gogetgalen@aol.com
Wellshire. Right in the heart of Denver. Slavens School. Walk score of 78, Adjacent to the golf course.(this means little traffic) No commercial in the neighborhood (this means no beer trucks, buses, of retail traffic to endanger your kids) So far 29 new and 24 planned homes are on tap for Wellshire. 5 minutes to light rail. 5 minutes to Cherry Hills Country Club, 7 minutes to Swedish, Porters and Craig Hospitals, Lots are larger than Observatory or Wash Park. learn all about Wellshire, and see the last new home left in the neighborhood @ http://holbenhomes.com "KIDS OWN WELLSHIRE!"
I live in Country Club North...It's great, we have a block party each year in the summer, neighbors are really diverse and fun and we all know each others kids and dogs! Very close to Downtown and Cherry Creek and within walking distance to Cheeseman Park and the Cherry Creek Bike Path.

I highly reccomend it and will stay in the area...
I live in Wash Park, and I love it. I will be staying in this area when I move. Great neighbor hood for young people and first time home buyers.