Quality of Life in Buffalo>Question Details

denine.king, Home Buyer in Buffalo, NY

Hello, Are there any up and coming neighborhoods within the city limits that would be good to watch for home sales?

Asked by denine.king, Buffalo, NY Tue Dec 11, 2012

My husband and I will probably be ready to purchase a home in abou 2-5yrs; working on saving a down payment.

I will most likely send my son to private school, so I am not concerned with the quality of the city schools. I am however concerned with a neighborhood feel, reasonable price, low crime, decent neighbors, etc.

Is that too much to ask for within the city?

We would be looking for a 3 bedroom, 1-2 bath, 2 car garage home.

Thank you.

Answers

3
Parkside offers everything that youre looking for.
It's safe, A very real sense of belonging in the community.
Good Parochial School and other private schools.
Safe, and a pleasure to stroll and enjoy the beatiful archetechture,or take in Delaware Park or the Zoo.
There are some vibrant areas coming up in the city such as Black Rock, and the West Side. In a few years things may be different, but Allentown, Elmwood, and the areas around the colleges will probably always be nice. Our city center is making a strong comeback, and the South Buffalo Harbor area is being renovated. Homes in the city are mostly from the early 1900s, and are in various eras of remodeling. Look for a place with updated systems, roof, heat, insulation, dry basement, etc.
There are many beautiful areas in the city of Buffalo. Most homes are an older style. Prices range depending on the area. Call or email me, I would love to help you find a new home! 716-480-8463 or cgreiner@realtyusa.com