Quality of Life in 08701>Question Details

Leph2, Home Buyer in 08701

Great place to live in ocean county.

Asked by Leph2, 08701 Sun Feb 7, 2010

I am married with two children 3 and 6. I am looking for a town in ocean county that is kid friendly, good school system and generally a nice place to live. Any suggestions?

Answers

10
Choosing a town to plant your feet in is an important decision. MOM's want services, quality pre schools, grade schools and high schools, township recreation that cater to our kids, ease of shopping, crime rates etc... Spending some time in the neighborhood parks would be a great way to get a true feel for the town you’re considering to relocate to. You will get an opportunity to speak to other moms about the neighborhood, schools and services. Make sure to check out Ocean County Hometown web-sites they are extremely helpful when researching where to live. Of course I have to plug speaking to a Real Estate professional. Conversations, word of mouth recommendations and life experiences about the communities you’re considering along with some online research will make this decision a much easier one. Here is are a few links you can use to start your research http://njwaterfront.com/community_reports.shtml OR http://www.njwaterfront.com/links_main.shtml
Dawn Marie White
Broker-Manager e-pro
Crossroads Realty Inc
732-581-9414 Cell
732-657-1300 Office
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 13, 2010
I grew up in Pine Beach in Ocean County and I have to say it was a great place to grow up. So my inclination is to say Pine Beach. But the other areas such as Beachwood , Toms River , Island Heights are good and are part of the Toms River school system. There are also good areas in southern Ocean County that can offer the same such as Berkeley or Barnagat. Here is the link to the Ocean County web site that can help you in getting a good idea of what Ocean County has to offer. oceancountytourism.com
Web Reference: http://robertsuarez.net
Leph2,

Great question, tall order. I would suggest that you first prioiritze what is most important to you (i.e., good school system is generic - r u looking for a school with soley academics or good academics AND a good athletic dept; nice place to live - what do you consider "nice"). For me, what first comes to mind is the community to my place of business.

Good luck in your search and please do not hesitate to contact me direct if you have any further questions; I live and do business in Ocean County.

Francesca Patrizio, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
You might also want to check out Northern Ocean County. Point Pleasant Beach is a fabulous town with excellent schools, the beach and boardwalk! and a fun downtown area. Since the town is so small, it is walkable or easy to navigate by bicycle.

Really depends on how far you want to be from your job/family (if there are any local.)

You can check out the demographics for any of the towns at my website, below. Or feel free to search the entire Ocean County MLS from my website, as well. All the information is up to date, as it is directly connected to the Monmouth and Ocean County MLS.

Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Hi Leph,
I cover Ocean County and some towns that come to mind close to 08701 are Jackson, Brick, Toms River, Manchester and Bayville. Feel free to contact me to discuss what you are looking for in a home and price range and I can further narrow down your search.

Heather Daccurso
Remax Realty 9
732-580-5309
Email: heather@heatherdaccurso.com
It's all a matter of opinion. My opinion is southern Ocean County rocks! But I'd suggest checking out some neighborhoods, and talking to residents of the towns your thinking about. I think that they're the best source of information! If you'd like to talk to some of my clients in Barnegat, Manahawkin and Little Egg/Tuckerton, contact me.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Realty-Atlantic Shore
Most any town will do. BUT I don't know of anyone who would put in writing a BAD place to live.
I serve Southern Ocean county -best bet is to take the time to visit these towns. Barnegat -Manahawkin- Little Egg - Tuckerton - Lacey - Bayville.
It takes time but most folks settle near their work. Are you working in the area?
How much of a drive do you want?
IF you are a first time home buyer - do it soon.
Good house hunting, it is worth the effort.
Marc
PS My web site gives community and school info plus all homes listed in certain areas through out Ocean and Monmouth County's. You pick your needs and plug in the zip code - it will find homes for sale and those that SOLD.
It's all opinions...but I would def. recommend my hometown of Lacey township. It is a great area to raise a family, the school system is excellent! I have 3 kids in the school system, they love the schools and teachers!
The town has approx. 12 parks and for the summer barnegat bay, beaches, 3 lakes and cedar creek. The town has really built up nicely with convient shopping and restaurants. Only minutes on the parkway north or south. Lots of great people here...what else would you like to know? I used to live in 08701 too...
Opinions are subjective--do some some homework of your own first--visit neighborhoods more than once and at different times of day--chat with locals whenever the opportunity arises--look at everything that is important to you--visit the school(s), speak to the principal, teachers, etc., also research them online--then make a determination--will your comfort level be reached--you'll thank yourself later for making an educated decision.
Most southern Ocean towns are very kid friendly. Some schools offer different programs so it would probably be a good idea to discuss you family's particular needs to find a town that fits
I'm happy to discuss anytime.
Tom Smith-Remax. 609-709-1429