lstrecker, Other/Just Looking in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Ft.Myers vs. Ft. Lauderdale for safe, gay-friendly neighborhoods & pretty beaches?

Asked by lstrecker, Fort Lauderdale, FL Mon Aug 11, 2014

I'm thinking about relocating to South Florida in the next couple of years and am wondering about the differences between Ft. Lauderdale & Ft. Meyers as far as safe, gay friendly neighborhoods? I'm looking for a cute area with mature trees and close to pretty beaches. It seems you get a lot more for your money in the Ft. Myers area, but I hear more about the Ft. Lauderdale area. I'd love some input. I'm not into the bar scene; I'm more of a home body who'd love a small backyard pool :-)

Answers

7
A Realtor should never make a recommendation based on sexual preference, this violates the anti-discriminatory law. I am certain you can find out another way. Best wishes!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2014
Wilton Manors & Victoria Park in Fort Lauderdale. Fort Myers is too quiet'.
I would recommend Downtown Fort Lauderdale there are many nice restaurants, shopping stores, you also have The Richard C. Sullivan library located about 3.9 miles from downtown, The Broward Center for the Performing Arts, museums, the Colohatchee Nature Park located 2.5 miles away, where you can boardwalk for nature observation, it also has a dog park, and a boat ramp for watercraft entry. The beach is located about 3.5 miles, and it is located just two miles south of down town Fort Lauderdale.

Phone: 239-821-1601
What budget are you working with? Are you looking to buy or rent? Are you relocating for work? It all depends on your situation as far as budget and job. Fort Lauderdale has some fantastic neighborhoods. Victoria Park, Wiltor Manor are areas I would recommend as they are very nice and safe. However, I would think Fort Myers has more affordable homes. I hope this helps! Good luck on your move!
Wilton Manors (by Fort Lauderdale) is VERY gay friendly

Did you like this post? If so, please 'Like" it. Thank you!!

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

I went to college and lived in Fort Myers for almost 10 years prior to relocating to the Miami/ Fort Lauderdale area, so I know both sides of South Florida pretty well.

And... you're definitely right! When it comes to buying property, you can definitely get more for your money in Fort Myers. And specifically, in Cape Coral, where homes are relatively less expensive than Fort Myers. Fort Myers, and/or Southwest Florida, however, offers a very unique and different lifestyle compared to the East Coast (Fort Lauderdale/ Miami area).

The white sand beaches and sunsets in Southwest Florida are beautiful! There is plenty of safe and very affordable neighborhoods with mature and beautiful trees in South Fort Myers. Plus you don't get the crazy traffic that you get here in the East Coast. Having said that, please keep in mind that the Fort Myers to Naples area is mostly populated with retirees and college-age people. Also keep in mind that the area offers a lot less to do after 10pm, including restaurants and entertainment options

If you'd like, I would be more than happy to refer you to a great realtor in Fort Myers, if that is what you ultimately decide. Of course, I would be delighted to share my expertise of the Fort Lauderdale/Miami with you!

If I can answer any questions you might have about these or any other surrounding areas, please do not hesitate to contact me. I'm here to help! :)

Denice
(305) 905-9755
I would definitely recommend Fort Lauderdale and specifically the Wilton Manors area as we have a great cultural mix of the beaches, cafes/restaurants, entertainment, and proximity to Miami, Key West, & Orlando. Additionally, the area is routinely one of the top rated for quality of life, tourism and economic stability. There is more cultural diversity (people come from all over) and a larger population within the community in Fort Lauderdale/Wilton Manors than the west side of the state as a whole. I'd be more than happy to assist you in finding a great home that would be suitable for your needs. Please contact me anytime.

James Gardner
Certified Relocation Specialist & Top Producing Realtor
Castelli Real Estate/Leading RE Companies of the World
(954) 830-8022
jamesgardner@castellihomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2014