Quality of Life in 19122>Question Details

Minh, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Fishtown or Old Kensington?

Asked by Minh, Philadelphia, PA Sat Mar 21, 2009

I like 2 properties but coming from W. Chester am unsure about the neighborhood, seeing as we're a young couple w/ a baby. One is located in "Old Kensington (19122)" on N. Howard (2 blocks from the Berks stop) and the other is located in Fishtown (19125) on the 2400 block of Amber St.

What would better investment for at least 5 years? And safest for a young family?

Answers

2
Michael D Delp’s answer
Minh,
Realtors cannot comment on safety issues or anything that may be considered opinion due to ethics violations. Your beest bet would be to go to those neighborhoods and speak to the homeowners and business owners who live there. They would be able to give you a more accurate picture. I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions, or need mortgage assistance, feel free to contact me.
The very best of luck to you!

Michael

Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318
michaelddelp@aol.com
michaelddelp@verizon.net
http://www.mortgagepro.instantlender.com -
Both areas are great for investing. As far as safety goes I recommend you visit the areas on a weekend around 6:00 to get a good feel for yourself. we as Agents are not allowed to steer you to one place or away from another. safety is an opinion and each person has there own opinion of what is deemed to be safe. Hope you made the best choice for you and your family.