Quality of Life in 93401>Question Details

Michelle, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

East Coast resident for 44 years and looking to relocate to central California. Any E.Coasters care to share their story?

Asked by Michelle, Los Angeles, CA Wed Jul 3, 2013

Answers

3
Hi Michelle – My wife Michele and my son Scott came to the Central Coast to get out of LA after the riots. We came here for several reasons: No; smog, crime, traffic, graffiti, or constant earthquakes. We also came for the schools, as my son was only seven when we moved. We were also swayed into moving here because of the ocean, beaches and the lakes. So, lots of fun things to do. Lastly, because the SLO area is very popular with tourists, there are several high quality restaurants, which is important to us.

The only down side to the Central Coast SLO area is that there are few jobs due to the lack of industry and mostly service industry employment. I was only able to find a job selling real estate and since my background was in Real Estate Appraisal in LA, it was easy for me to sell homes here right away. My wife is a licensed dental hygienist, so she was able to help with the family expenses when we first moved here.

If you are planning on relocating to the Central Coast, I would be happy to help you find a home. You are welcome to look at all of the homes available in real time in the area on my web site at http://www.dnorwood.com/Pages/PISMO.aspx , but you may want to give me at call at 805-471-0828, as there are several cities and neighborhoods to choose from and it can be overwhelming looking at homes in areas you are not familiar with. When you call I will be able to guild you to the areas that fit your needs.

David Norwood-Central Coast Real Estate – David@DNorwood.com 805-471-0828

http://DNorwood.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 3, 2013
You'll love it, assuming you don't need to work. Consider a rental before you buy as there are huge variations in climate depending on the area.
Hello Michelle,

I grew up in West Chester, Pennsylvania, just outside Philadelphia. I moved out here to attend California Polytechnic State University and never left. San Luis Obispo and the surrounding communities are a fantastic place to settle in. You have beaches, mountains, ranches, lakes, vineyards and more all within a 15 minute drive. The community here is very accepting and is not how everyone back east pictures Californians.

I specialize in relocation loans for people moving to the area. I have products specially designed for people relocating due to a new job or even for those graduating from school.

Please contact me at anytime if you would like any more information, or feel free to browse my website at http://www.slohomesandrealty.com
Thanks so much for your input! This is very helpful.
Flag Thu Jul 4, 2013