Quality of Life in Starmount>Question Details

Louie, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

Do you see the Starmount Neighborhood evolving even more towards the Latino community in the next 4 years?

Asked by Louie, Charlotte, NC Wed Aug 12, 2009

There are quite a few vacant car dealerships on South Blvd that would be prime development for shopping centers or townhouses/condos, what are the chances that the development will be catered towards the Latinos

Marjorine’s answer
I am not a Realtor, but I work in the industry, so I don't have to skirt around the issue like a Realtor/Broker would.

Starmount is already gravitating more towards the Latino community. You can see it with the businesses that have sprung up and replaced old ones.

As of the 2010 Census Starmount is:
50% white
26% Latino
17% black
4% Asian
0% Native America
2% Multicultural
0% other

Since the 1990s the Latino population has increased dramatically in Charlotte. In the 1990 census Latinos were 1.4% of the Charlotte population, at 5,571 people.
I would love to be able to answer your questions however, the lawprevents Real Estate agents from discussing Race related issues of any sort. I will only say to you, If you are a business owner and want to make money in your business you will find out who your buyers are and cater to them won't you? I certainly would! Please remember us and refer us to your family and friends for all of your Real Estate needs. You can reach me direct at 704-619-7355 Shelley