Teteny, Home Buyer in Astoria, NY

Curious if most NYC commuters utilize a Nanny or day care services in this areas?

Asked by Teteny, Astoria, NY Wed Nov 6, 2013

We may be moving to this area from PA where out here we have day care chains (large companies) that are pretty standard. In my research all I have seen is private (home based) day cares in this area, so I am curious if folks use a Nanny instead. Thanks!

Answers

3
KinderCare and The Learning Experience are popular child-care chains in this area. In fact a brand new one is just being built in Roseland http://roseland.tlechildcare.com/ I also sold a private childcare/pre-school to the present owners at The Orchard School on 3 acres in West Caldwell quite a few years ago where we transferred the licence over for 60 children and then they expanded. Not sure that people in the Bloomfield area are big on nannies but I'm sure they would there would be a demand for a well-known name-brand--since there are not that many in that area--especially close to the 7 train stations from Montclair/Bloomfield where people catch transit for city jobs.
I hope I have been of help.

Sandra Bolcar
Broker Associate
201-247-5768
sandra@thebolcarteam.com
Yes there are many options in the area. The Ben Samuels Childrens Center at Montclair State University has a great program. There is Christ Church in Glen Ridge and many others. Feel free to call me at 973-464-0568 with specific questions about the Bloomfield area.

Jeffrey Bogert
Which area is it that you are thinking ?
Hi... we have been looking in Bloomfield, West Orange or Belleville mostly. (Sorry I probably should have said that!)

Thanks!
Flag Thu Nov 7, 2013