Zack_lancast…, Home Buyer in Champlin, MN

Choosing between Blaine and Champlin

Asked by Zack_lancaster, Champlin, MN Sat Apr 13, 2013

If you had to choose between living in Blaine, MN an Champlin, MN to raise your family, which would you choose and why?

Answers

5
Hi, Zack!
Boy, I'm a little late to the party here! Hope I'm not too late to throw in my 2 cents.

I've sold property in both Blaine and Champlin. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

So, much in the same way we don't share crime statistics and demographics with buyers because of the undue influence it might have over their decisions, I'm going to take the same stand here.

In order to answer YOUR question, I need to ASK a question. What's important to YOU??? Nothing I care about matters in the least. It's what's important to you that matters. I will give you my impressions based on what you think is important.

Good luck~
Not even a contest for me Zack hands down I would choose Blaine every time.

Much of it has to deal with where I grew up and now live. Roseville for most of my life and now residing in Vadnais Heights. I will always be a north metro guy because of this and somewhat biased to my side of town, and to me I just like the Blaine scene. As some have pointed out there is more to do in Blaine amenity wise. The growth potential is still there, and I don't really think it is that bad of a commute to either MPLS or STP.

I never go to Champlin for anything, but then again I don't go to Coon Rapids either. I think for most people who live in the suburbs we tend to stay in our own area. Most of the time for nightlife we go to MPLS or STP. Although I will say Roseville I still go to quite a bit. Como zoo with the nephews, state fair heck yea! and the Rosedale Mall still has a lot of what I do for more relaxing weekends like movies.

So, I will say neither Blaine or Champlin would be considered "hot spots" for nightlife and entertainment. It may just come down to housing and what you are looking for. The areas are similar priced, but obviously Blaine is a lot bigger.

Chris
Realtor North/NE suburbs
651-307-7663
chris.block@imetroproperty.com
I would check the rating of the school district and use it as my guide. I compare the neighborhood amenities parks and recreation how close are you to shopping, movies? Really important is how far is the commute to work? With children at home can you afford to spend 15, 30,45 minutes commuting to work?
It seems that you are living in Champlin, so you likely know what it has to offer. Personally, I live in between Blaine and Champlin. While raising my family, we made many more trips to Blaine than to Champlin. We very rarely felt a need to go to Champlin for anything. So, for me, Blaine is closer to the types of places I took my kids. It seems that the Blaine Sports Complex was a frequent destination. I've probably been to about 10 restaurants in Blaine, but only Ruby Tuesdays in Champlin. I also like the bike trails better in Blaine.

Drive around both cities for a while and see what you like.
Blaine & Champlin are two very different community. It will depend on many factors. 1) Where you work 2)What is your family status? 3)what price range 4) Where does your friends/relatives live?

Blaine has lot more housing Options. Housing stock is comparatively newer than Champlin. Blaine has lot bigger commercial,Retail, employment base than Champlin. Champlin is generally called a sleepers community. If you visit our site at http://www.HomesinMinn.com and go to communities. You will find all the information to compare the cities.