Quality of Life in Canton>Question Details

Searchct, Home Buyer in Canton, CT

Canton collisville transfer station

Asked by Searchct, Canton, CT Sun Jan 3, 2010

Has anyone heard of any problems ( pollution/noise/hazards/toxic waste/seepage etc) in the nearby communities due to transfer station at canton -collinsville in connecticut? Appreciate any info asap as i am looking to buy a property in the neighborhood. This transfer station is at intersection of 202 and 179

Answers

1
David Sinish’s answer
I have not heard of any of those problems, and I have been involved with town government for many years (ten years as a Selectman) and three on the Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Commission. This transfer station has been ooperating at this site for many years, and switched from open bins to closed bins a few years ago as an expense reduction measure. Before there was a transfer station there was an old style landfill across the street,, but that was at least twenty years ago. Canton does an excellent job of recycling and I find that in my household I am recycling about four trash barrels out of five.