Quality of Life in Milton>Question Details

Alan, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Can someone share some insights about living in Milton, MA w.r.t families with small kids?

Asked by Alan, Boston, MA Wed Jan 30, 2008

Answers

5
Kevin Dambruch’s answer
Milton is a great town to bring up a family. There are plenty of young families here, an attractive place with a lot to offer them. My wife and I are having a wonderful experience bringing our kids up here for the last 12 years. The public schools have been great. They are all in new facilities and most of the teachers have exceeded our expectations. In particular, the long established French Immersion program offered here in town has been fantastic for our kids. Milton has several nice playgrounds/parks, and athletic fields to keep the young ones happy. The huge swimming pool at Cunningham Park is a great place to cool off in the summer, a favorite gathering place for both kids and parents. The town recreation department offers all of the typical athletic activities including soccer, basketball, baseball and even skiing at Blue Hills!

But most importantly, we have found Milton to be friendly, diverse, culturally rich and safe community to bring up our family. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions about Milton.
Milton is a nice place to live, a lots of families with children, very quiet area, best shool, every thing is near by, I love liiving here, we don't have children but we enjoy the neiborhood, is very clean, is a mix neighborhood, still Massachusetts is one of the best places to raise a family.
Milton is a much desired town. Last year we were number 5 in the top ten towns in the US according to CNN Money. We have a great school system with a french immersion program starting in 1st grade. The Blue Hills offer great hiking trails and the Blue hill ski area is a lot of fun. We also have Cunningham park that includes a club house jogging trails, baseball and softball fields and the largest built in pool east of the Mississippi. If you would like a tour of the town please let me know. Take care and good luck. Ron
Milton is a great town. Are you considering any other towns in the area?
Thanks a lot for the information - Kevin.