Quality of Life in Ardsley>Question Details

Sd, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Can anyone shed some light on life in Ardsley? I have 2 kids, ages 6 and 3. We are considering moving to

Asked by Sd, New York, NY Fri Aug 22, 2008

Ardsley from NYC. I hear the schools are good and the prices more reasonable than some other areas but I would like some insight into the community. Thanks!

Answers

12
As lifetime resident, having grown up and lived in the Rivertowns my whole life, Ardsley is a great community to live and raise a family. In addition to its Award Winning School District, the Village of Ardsley is located about a half hour from NYC and is very accessible for commuters. The Village of Ardsley is located within the town of Greenburgh which has great parks and recreation facilities including pools, tennis courts, basketball courts and various club activities for children and adults alike. Also beneficial for children is the library system, also known as PALS which allows children to interact with children from other Rivertown villages during various story times and other library activities.
DEPENDS WHAT YOU WANT. IF YOU LIKE DRIVING EVERYWHERE IN YOUR SUV, HANGING OUT WITH BORING MIDDLE-AGED (EX) FINANCE GUYS WITH THEIR STEPFORD WIVES THEN YOU'RE IN FOR A TREAT. THIS PLACE PUTS THE SUB IN SUBURBIA. IF YOU'RE MOVING UP FROM THE CITY I SUGGEST DOBBS, HASTINGS OR IRVINGTON. YOU'LL FIND OTHER KINDS OF PEOPLE THERE.
As a future ardsley resident, closing this summer, I can tell u what I have heard. Scarsdale, Edgemont and Ardsley all have top rated public schools. Most will say Scarsdale is tops of the 3. I have heard that Ardsley is just as good, if not better, because it has smaller population and students get more individualized attention. Again, this is just what I have heard. The bottom line is there are many towns in Westchester with excellent public schools. Generally speaking, any town with high real estate taxes, usually has very good public schools. My 2 cents.
Hi SD
Can you share what you finally did - I am in the same boat and looking for insight into Ardsley vs Edgemont school district.
Depends on where you live in Ardsley but you can walk to most. The school can bus you to any of the three schools depending on where you live even up to high school. Sports is very popular and the kids are involved in many activites. They evn have chess at the community center and game night at the library. There is a swimming pool in the middle school and a golf course near by. shopping and traveling is easy, we are surrounded by many shopping areas and great restaurants in town including a supermarket, hardware store and bagel shop. Plus 3 major highways. It is about 30-40 minutes by car or train to Manhattan.

Ardsley has great recreational pools both public and private, there is also a great country club. An indoor arcade center called LIFE, NYSC and great summer camps. Like golf.... there is also Westchester golf range nearby.
Great answers below! If you ever want to consider more land/less taxes and other possibilities Rockland County may be the place. Email or call if interested in receiving Listngs for the criteria you need in a home! Best of Luck!!

Allan Erps, ABR,SFR,C.O.R.E.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
BHG Rand Realty
95 S Middletown Rd
Nanuet, NY 10954
VM(24 Hours) 845-770-2141
Cell Phone/Text 845-304-3040
Fax# 845-624-7137
My Email: allan.erps@randrealty.com
For the latest in Buyers and Sellers Resources,
visit my website at; http://www.allanerps.randrealty.com
Hi, Ardsley is LOVELY, call me any time at all (914) 924-8625. My name is Andrew Cerrone and I will be happy to set you up with an agent. Our e-mail address is C21Cerrone@aol.com call any time !
-Andrew R. Cerrone
Ardsley is a great town, I was raised there, it is small town with access to NYC. The school are good because of the small size, and the mix of students, you know everyone and they know you. I believe you can get access to Greenburgh township recreation facilties. The commute by train is from either the Harlem or Hudson line Metro North. You can widen your search if you include Greenburgh with Adrsley school. Good Luck. If you need mortgage help email me mike@murray4money.com.
Sd,

I would like to advise you as to the schools and community but as realtors by law we cannot steer you or comment on these matters. We can however, provide public information. If you go to our Company website at Houlihan Lawrence.com as well as my personal website you can get information about the community, town, surrounding areas as well as school information and data thru numerous school links.

Furthermore the best way to get t know the community and school is to visit the town, walk around on the weekend, drive around and speak with the people in the community. With respect to the schools, I suggest calling the principal and arranging for a tour. I have done this in the past for my clients and would be pleased to arrange the same.

Prices have moderated substantially during the past 18 months and there are many good values. If you need further specific information, feel free to contact me.

Steve Geiger
Associate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence
914-328-8400
email: sgeiger@houlihanlawrence.com
Ardsley is a very nice area and you are correct, the housing prices are a bit more reasonable. It is a great location, still close to train stations for commuting into the City yet a very small town community feel. It has pretty neighborhoods and nice homes. Shopping is convenient too. Check out Houlihanlawrence.com and you can click on town area information which will give you mor information. I specialize in the Rivertowns and Ardsley, please email me with any other questions you may have. I would also be happy to show you the area.

Debra
Ardsley is a great place to live. Visit my web site: Paulmvpteam.com and under neighborhoods pull up Ardsley for insite. Call me if you need anything more. Would love to be of service. e-mail: PaulMVP@aol.com
Web Reference: http://Paulmvpteam.com