Quality of Life in Charlotte>Question Details

John, Home Buyer in Ontario, CA

Can anyone recommend an area between Charlotte, NC and Fort Mill SC for couple in their 50's... close to

Asked by John, Ontario, CA Mon Jan 7, 2008

shopping, culture and a dog friendly park.. thanks

Answers

12
barbarak’s answer
Hello John,

If you are still looking and have not made a move there are several opportunities in Union County near Charlotte. I know of several places one in particular next to a park that offers walking trails, paddle boats picnic areas and bike trails. One is closer to shopping and restaurants than the other. If I can send you information, just let me know you can contact me thru my website.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2008
Thats really a nice area, but you need to spend some time there because it's so big .... ask 20 realtors and you'll get 20 different places to live there.

You have Lake Norman to the north and you have Lake Wylie to the south - and you have everything in between ...

Believe me, it's well worth your time and money for you to grab a flight and spend a few days there and look around before you hook up with any realtor -- You'll hear those famous words from all the realtors on how they know the area, but very few "really" know Charlotte ... get them out of their zipcode and listing area and you could be in for a heap a trouble.

Look first, leap later ....

Good luck and happy hunting!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 9, 2008
John -
What price range are you considering? I handle marketing for several private preserve and gated communities in the Charlotte area, offering multi-acre and estate-size homesites. One is between Charlotte and Fort Mill, gated, 5 miles from Ballantyne area in South Charlotte near I-485. Price points from the $750s to several million. Several communities have parks/neighborhood green/parks. All are dog-friendly.
Can you tell me more about your needs? I'm not a broker, but can send you contact names/community information to get you started. When do you want to move to Charlotte?
Angela Prince
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2008
I have to agree with Tman. I'm an agent in the Lake Norman area, but I grew up east of Charlotte. This area has so many wonderfully diverse communities it's worth making the trip just to soak it all in. The great thing about all the areas surrounding Charlotte is our Center City area is loaded with culture from off broadway shows to museums, amazing restaurants and much more and all of it is short ride (unless it's during rush hour) away from the surrounding neighborhoods. As far as "dog friendly" we even have a dog cafe and dog bar in Charlotte. Good luck with your move, you'll be glad you came.
Hey John, what price point would you like to stay within? 3WProperties web site is a great place to search for a home. I specialize in new construction and can certainly help you. Give me a call toll free at (877) 584-2366. Wes http://www.weswoodin.com
Web Reference: http://www.3wproperties.com
Sounds like you might want to look at Sun City, the Del Web Community in Fort Mill, just south of Ballantyne. It's a 55 and over community, but not your typical "retirement" community. It's very active....beautiful club house, golf course, swimming, etc. Great community....check it out.
Web Reference: http://www.RickHoughton.com
I would suggest either Fort Mill or Tega Cay SC. We have the lake right here, dog park locally, shopping and dining in Baxter village... all this and only 16 miles to Charlotte!!
Let me know if you need further help. I live and work in Fort Mill, and would be happy to assist you.
Yolonda
Web Reference: http://www.yolondareedy.com
Welcome to the couple from Canada! I would agree to look in the areas mentioned. What is the price point in which you are looking? There is a wonderful smaller community 3 miles from Providence Road, a main street into Charlotte, 3 miles from 485 - an interstate that can take you anywhere in Charlotte and beyond. Union County taxes ! Great location and a private community of 45 homesites. Let me know if you would like to take a look.

I work with a Custom Home Builder in Charlotte. Please email me if you would like more into! Again, welcome to this great city.
I don't know how far you have gotten in your search since January. I have just joined Trulia Voices so just found your question. May I suggest a "55 and older" community in Pineville, NC called The Cottages. These are patio homes built in the last few years that are in a great community with many perks. They are very close to Carolina Place Mall, they have their own activities director, and are just about on the border between NC (Charlottea area) and SC (Fort Mill area).

Let me know if you would like for me to send you more information on The Cottages or other similar communites in this area. I work mostly in South Charlotte and into Fort Mill / Indian Land area. You can contact me thru http://www.RichProperties.net which is my own company. Our goal is to provide the best service possible.

Sara Rich
Rich Properties
Ballantyne is a great area. Are you still looking for perhaps a townhome? My home is available and close to shopping, dining, entertainment, dog parks( i have 2 dogs myself).
Dear John

There are lots of places between Fort Mill and Charlotte, we would really need to narrow down your search. You also need to consider would you like a single family home or a condo/townhouse? This will help narrow down your search. With regard to shopping you can live anywhere and never be too far from great shopping malls, there are plenty to choose from. Pineville might be an option with easy access to I77, I485 and Hwy 51 and the new light rail. If you are after culture then you might want to consider The Arts District, NoDa, which is closer to uptown Charlotte. This is a much older neighborhood with homes originally built in the early to mid 1900’s. This area is hot right now with investors buying old homes and fixing them up. There are also new homes and condos being built in keeping with the area. Full of quaint boutiques and coffee shops, with easy access to the new light rail system if you want to ride uptown. You can go to my web site and research the different areas, http://www.TeresaQuinan.com. I would love to set up a personalized web page just for you to keep you up to date with homes, which meet your criteria. I look forward to working with you. Regards Teresa
Web Reference: http://www.TeresaQuinan.com
It all depends on how much you want to spend. In an area called Tega Cay, SC. There are some great places to live. Some of the homes are on Lake Wylie. Tega Cay is a small town that has a 27 hole golf course, swimming pool, club house, lake access, ball fields, play grounds, walking trails and a dog park. In the summers they have a monthly concert series in the park. On the fourth of July we have our own parade. It's a great place for small families, empty nesters, and retired alike. This community is part of Fort Mill, they boast great schools and Fort Mill is rapidly growing. It's min. from Hwy 77. 20 min. to the airport and about 20-30 min. to everything in Charlotte. Plus you get the lower SC taxes. You would love it. If you would like some more details on this or other places that I know of, please give me a call at 803-487-2357 or e-mail me at traceym@kw.com and I would be happy to help you out. I'm a Realtor in Fort Mill and specialize in this area. I could even set you up with your own personal "gateway". This would let you view homes that fit only your criteria. Good luck.