Quality of Life in Phoenix>Question Details

Gem, Other/Just Looking in New Milford, CT

Can anyone give me a better idea about the lower/ SouthWestern section of Phoenix, zip code 85041? I think

Asked by Gem, New Milford, CT Fri May 29, 2009

Iit would be considered as the Phoenix South Mountain area?

I am wondering about the general vicinity/ neighborhoods . . . would it be considered as a lower, middle, upper middle class section? Mostly young families w/ children?
Is it on the lower scale as far as crime is concerned, being a little more 'off the beaten path' from central Phoenix?

I was originally looking at Anthem (North Phoenix), but then some of the homes here in the newer developments caught my eye (not to mention prices - though most are short sales).

I'll be moving from CT, but had lived in AZ some yrs ago. I know things have changed, but trying to find a less crowded/ less crime/ family oriented section of Phoenix to retire to (I'm only in my 40s & not ready for the retirement towns by any means!)

Just want to find a nice, newer development w/out all the hussle bussle, yet close enough to shopping, medical/ Mayo as much as possible - w/ a general feeling of safety if I move out by myself. Read

Answers

2
Southwest Phoenix, zip code 85041 has good and bad spots. If you find something south of baseline anywhere between 67th Ave and 40th St you'll be in pretty good shape. Actually, I will soon have a house for sale that I just bought to remodel. It is south of Baseline just off Central Ave, code is 85042. It's a 3 bd, 2 bth, 1680 sq feet, 2 car garage with a backyard that gets a very good view of South Mountain. The mtn view is very, very incredible. The house will be mid $100's when it's done. You can reach me at gpscentral@aol.com. Good luck!!
Gem,
There are many desirable areas in metro Phoenix and answers to your questions should be provided over the phone due to the depth and length of possible answers, and for allowing you to ask additional questions. I'm an AZ native and have 29 years experience serving Valley homebuyers and would be happy to provide you with information. You have many choices on where to "retire." Please give me a call and let's chat.

Scott
AZ's REBATE Realtor
480-216-8668
Web Reference: http://www.cr-az.com