Quality of Life in Florida>Question Details

Ambra.black, Home Buyer in Joppa, MD

Best area to live in or around Fort Myers. I have an opportunity for work and they are located in Fort Myers. I'm open to a 30 minute commute.

Asked by Ambra.black, Joppa, MD Fri Feb 8, 2013

Priorities:
Schools (good district)
Daycare
Community (kid friendly)
Quality of Life
Lower crime areas (crime is everywhere but lower is better)

Answers

1
Hi Ambra,

As an agent, I'm not legally allowed to answer any of those questions.

However, if you want to have a 30 minute commute by car to Fort Myers, then I wouldn't go out any farther than a radius of Springfield, Huntington, Falls Church, Ballston or Vienna. Of course you could go into DC, but that would be more of an urban setting, which doesn't tend to be kid friendly unless you get into the northern, more suburban areas. If you went into Maryland and wanted to commute via Metro, I'd look to Silver Spring, Chevy Chase or Bethesda to keep it down to 30 minutes.

You don't mention whether you want a house, townhouse or if a condo would be ok. So, you may need to expand that 30 minute commute. The average commute time for Washington, DC is 33 minutes, but that's for people who live AND work in DC. I used to live in Alexandria and drove 10 miles from Duke Street, up I-395 to get to work on Capitol Hill and it never took me less than 1 hour to get to work.